Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Oh they caught a break. They can still own guns with one bullet per and must be kept inside their home at all times. . . .

·
Premium Member
36,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As hilarious as it all seems, the Ninth District is by far the largest of the thirteen US courts of appeal districts, and covers twenty percent of the entire US population. Sixty-eight percent of its twenty-nine judges were appointed by Democrat presidents.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The 9th Circus

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
I dont really see how they "cant catch a break". The laws there are put into place by people voted into office by the majority of the voting population.

Reactions: jrobin3360

·
Registered
41,412 Posts
As hilarious as it all seems, the Ninth District is by far the largest of the thirteen US courts of appeal districts, and covers twenty percent of the entire US population. Sixty-eight percent of its twenty-nine judges were appointed by Democrat presidents.
And 90% of that is CA and Seattle (Mostly former CA) residents, neither of which I care about.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It is so ludicrous, here in IL there is a three day waiting period for firearms possession after purchase. I understand that the law was originally for a "cool down" so someone couldn't just go buy a gun because they were mad at the moment and wanted to shoot someone. However, when you already have a Firearms ID card and a license to carry it makes no sense. If you already own guns and they are already registered with the state, what's the difference if you get your new gun at time of purchase. IMO, it's just another infringement of our rights but that's nothing new. What conceivable purpose does a 10 day wait serve and wonder what reason the state of CA. uses to justify that action.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Well, all that really matters is the percentage of 2A SCOTUS judges are appointed by Republicans.

·
Premium Member
36,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, all that really matters is the percentage of 2A SCOTUS judges are appointed by Republicans.
Most appeals courts decisions never make it to the US Supreme Court. In the Ninth's case, eighty percent of its cases which do make it are overturned.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Most appeals courts decisions never make it to the US Supreme Court. In the Ninth's case, eighty percent of its cases which do make it are overturned.
Yea but with a Right leaning court, there will be a good chance over the next few decades at least that a case or two will make it. The current SCOTUS is purposely refusing to hear many 2A cases. My hope is that once the court is tipped in our favor, they'll start accepting these cases. I also hope that the NRA and friends start strategically seeking out cases to push to the Supreme Court.

Thomas will be replaced, and Ginsburg hopefully will not make it another 4 years. She'll almost be 90 years old when Trump leaves office.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
And what would "We The People" expect from a Super Left Leaning Court?. They Need to be dissolved and Replaced with Justices more in tune with Today`s Agenda and Not with the libtard one. Hopefully Trump will take care of this Threat to our Constitution!. I support him in this endeavor!.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Thomas will be replaced, and Ginsburg hopefully will not make it another 4 years. She'll almost be 90 years old when Trump leaves office.
??? Why would Thomas be replaced? Did you mean Scalia?

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
As hilarious as it all seems, the Ninth District is by far the largest of the thirteen US courts of appeal districts and covers twenty percent of the entire US population. Sixty-eight percent of its twenty-nine judges were appointed by Democrat presidents.
It is not funny. It is very sad. But your point is so important. Now some may understand the trade off this past election. Trump was the only one vocally willing to protect the 2A. I myself am always preaching that we need to all get on board and focus on derailing the nonsense gun hating pushing agenda's intent to completely thwart the 2a nationwide. Still, it goes NOWHERE. I am the first to admit that I, myself, am just not smart enough to drive us all together in such a combined effort but I know we could all come together with the help of just a few select people like you here at D.C.

The power of the people was not even present during any of this build up in Cali. They did it to themselves. They sat by and watched it happen and now they are like, WTH?

I think it is true that the NRA picks its battles on where money well spent will serve the greatest good. California was a lost cause. I could just sit back and care less. Texas is not in danger in the near future. But there is always a chance, the more Californians that move here could start turning the tide just like they took over in Caligunfreeazonia. Many others along with myself here have said we will do whatever we can.

Reactions: Mike1956 and baren

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
I think it is true that the NRA picks its battles on where money well spent will serve the greatest good. California was a lost cause. I could just sit back and care less. Texas is not in danger in the near future. But there is always a chance, the more Californians that move here could start turning the tide just like they took over in Caligunfreeazonia. Many others along with myself here have said we will do whatever we can.
Before we retired in 2014, after living in California for most of my life, I knew I wanted to live somewhere I could readily hunt and somewhere that was gun friendly. We traveled to Oregon and loved it, but could see that it was rapidly being populated with people from California, who wanted it to be like California. We traveled to Arizona and liked it, but did not love it. We visited Utah and on our first visit, saw someone open carrying, which is not something I personally do under most circumstances, but respect. But the clincher for us was when we went into a local restaurant to have lunch and saw a guy walk in who was wearing full camo. It was the first day of deer hunting season and all the waitresses came up to him to ask him how the hunt was going, did he get a buck, and did he see many deer.

From the first day we moved here, it felt like home. And I love being able to walk into a gun store, pick out a pistol or other firearm, and walk out of the store with it in short order. Here, you are looked at as almost odd if you don't hunt or own a firearm.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts