Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a local Walmart to return something. There, at the return counter, I saw a sign prohibiting firearms, and stating that it would be a 4th dregree felony offense to do so. I have been carrying in that Walmart for years! There are no signs at the entrance, or anywhere else in the store prohibiting firearms. My question is, do you do more digging to be sure that you can carry some where? And if there are no signs at the entrance, do you feel that it is OK to carry inside, even if there may be a sign somewhere, not readily visible, prohibiting firearms?

·
Registered
20 Posts
In Wisconsin the sign has to be at the entrance and be at least 5X7 inches. I have never heard of a Wally World that isn't firearm friendly.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Glocked;bt384 said:
In Wisconsin the sign has to be at the entrance and be at least 5X7 inches. I have never heard of a Wally World that isn't firearm friendly.
right.... one should not sell guns and ammo and then hang up a sign prohibiting one from carrying

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
See if you can find the LAW indicating a 4th degree felony....Good luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, I can´t carry at my place of work. Some places are just like that. I have a pistol safe bolted onto the frame in the cab of my Ford Ranger, which I put my steel in when I go to work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for contacting our web site and for voicing your concerns. In an
effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers,
we have a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace. The
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company
property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind
onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the
weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel.
This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and
contractors on Company property -- including our Company-owned stores.
All Company properties have received a decal or sign referencing this
policy, and have been instructed to post it.

Jennifer - Consumer Relations

THIS IS FROM GOODYEAR I DONT BUY THERE TIRES NO MORE

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's getting harder and harder to keep up with who to buy from and who to boycott. Starbucks president says if you are pro life, they don't want your money, Target and Ford Motor Company support and promote the homosexual lifestyle and so on and on... It's very difficulty to keep up with. As far as these I've mentioned, they're easy for me because I didn't have a fondness for any of them even before hearing of their stances. But, it is getting harder and harder to stick you your principles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree. People with no idea of the SH*T someone will do if they think they can get away with it. Some people don't want to see a gun until it is needed to save their LIVES!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
If theirs a anti gun sign at a Wal mart . Contact home office and complain . They are a gun friendly store. In my area open carry is fairly common in Wal mart.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
If the sign is not at the entrance, I don't see how they can enforce anything. I refuse to shop at the local fish in a barrel, shooter magnet, er, mall, because they don't allow me to defend myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts