Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
143,701 Posts
XXXX,
Yes, I got the message and tried to return the call but got no answer. I appreciate your interest in our BFG-50A; I’m sure it would be an excellent addition to your department’s arsenal. Unfortunately, we have a policy of selling to state law enforcement agencies only what is allowed to be sold to private citizens in that state. Since the passage of the NY SAFE act, the BFG-50A is considered an assault weapon and as such is no longer available to private citizens in the state of New York. Therefore we have to respectfully decline to supply your department with BFG-50A rifles.

Regards,
Mark Serbu

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Good for him.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
I'm totally impressed with the conviction of Serbu. He echoes my sentiment of "what's good for the goose..."

pipedream- you nailed the other point: the militarization of our police force. My hypothesis is that is has grown with the war on drugs. I think that topic is better handled in a novel than in this post.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I'm totally impressed with the conviction of Serbu. He echoes my sentiment of "what's good for the goose..."

pipedream- you nailed the other point: the militarization of our police force. My hypothesis is that is has grown with the war on drugs. I think that topic is better handled in a novel than in this post.
The war on drugs was well-involved before the militarization of the police. DEA maybe, but NYPD or your local sheriff? I think not. The militarization is the result of using borrowed billions to fund Homeland Security initiatives that local LE can no longer "live without".

·
8,501 Posts
I liked the comments section. I won't hijack this thread but it was an interesting conversation.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Didn't the NYPD Commissioner say they had the ability to shoot down airplanes? Must be why they "need" a .50.

:rofl:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Serbu has made a darn good .50 BMG for a lot of years now. However, a local PD does NOT need a .50 cal. I don't care how big the PD is. Do they think civilians are gonna start driving light armored vehicles by city hall sometime soon? Maybe we should just to scare the snot out of them.

·
Banned
2,648 Posts
This will only have an impact on U.S. weapons manufacturers, NY will buy them from a foreign manufacturer, like a McMiilan TAC50 that the Canadians use.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
The war on drugs was well-involved before the militarization of the police.
stark evidence predates the Homeland Security Act by a decade. Roots began earlier than that with midnight kicking in of doors and assaulting innocent people.
DEA maybe, but NYPD or your local sheriff? I think not.
doesn't this post put NYPD as a likely offender? ...and YES, my local Sheriff.
The militarization is the result of using borrowed billions to fund Homeland Security initiatives that local LE can no longer "live without".
Spot on observation. HS money as well, but DEA money for decades.
Again, this would fill a novel, so perhaps members should start a new thread if there is interest, PM, or read on their own?

Serbu put their money where their mouth is, bravo! I don't want to minimize the OP.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts