Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a simple solution of how we know what to get each other for Christmas each year. What we do is post a list of what we want. The list can be specific (a 46" LED Panasonic TV model number xxxyy) or general (gift certificate to Nordstrom's). It is a guideline and not hard and fast. But it sure helps everyone know where the other person's desires are.

So for my gift, I listed a Galco SkyOps holster for a Glock 26 in black. (Thank you Ram Rod for your recommendation.) Even printed out two online sources with all the important details highlighted. My daughter's response was, "uh, er, too expensive". My son's response was, "uh dad, you already have a drawer full of holsters. I am NOT buying you another to be put there. What else do you want?"

What else do I want? I don't know. I really wanted that holster. Ugh.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I think your Son & Daughter are going to just Love the "Chia-Pets" you get them this year
I'm thinking they will love their new pet rocks,they even come in their own plastic bag

·
Registered
483 Posts
So for their gifts, give each one of them one of your old holsters.... then you will have more room in the holster drawer.

Problem solved ! :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
If they are looking for quality and economy, tell them to shop here...
HOLSTERS ...and they can probably get it by Christmas...I'm just sayin':rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
EMP, I know what you mean. When my wife asked me what I wanted from Santa this year, I replied, "a new gun" she just rolled her eyes. So I guess no new gun for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That funny!
If you think about it your son has a point. You have an addiction man, I think you need a holster doctor!
Check your yellow pages !

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
How ironic. My fiancée has been on me to give her ideas for Christmas, but if I were to mention a holster or grips, she would very likely flip out! No, she isn't keen on my gun craft. Any gun-gals peering in that may provide a perspective?
Regards, :rolleyes:
Dan

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
WOW...I've got it easy...My wife tells me to go buy whatever gun or gun stuff I want... She'll wrap it, put it under the tree and tell the kids she picked it out and everyone's happy...especially me...

The worst part is having to leave it under the tree til Christmas....

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
WOW...I've got it easy...My wife tells me to go buy whatever gun or gun stuff I want... She'll wrap it, put it under the tree and tell the kids she picked it out and everyone's happy...especially me...

I somehow managed to pull that off this year too! It was a first for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ive been itching for a Don Hume IWB, and possibly a S&W M&P or 642 to go in it.

Guess the young'un is getting some packing peanuts and an empty box from Santa.

·
Registered
41 Posts

YOUR a lucky SOB!! I even mention something about purchasing anything for my weapons she complain's like there is no tomorrow.:mad: That is why she has her account and I have mine.

Yet in my own defense, She is the on that has had the last 3 new cars in the family. Yet is it my fault her 2 older boys have wrecked all of them, then gets mad :boese51: when I will not let any of them use my truck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hinted (in a joking manner no less) that sometime in the distant future I wouldn't mind recieving an AR. My fiancé literally laughed out loud. There was almost floor rolling. At least she didn't completely strike it down, just said you want it, you buy it yourself. But I think buying a house will come first.

·
Registered
266 Posts
How ironic. My fiancée has been on me to give her ideas for Christmas, but if I were to mention a holster or grips, she would very likely flip out! No, she isn't keen on my gun craft. Any gun-gals peering in that may provide a perspective?
Regards, :rolleyes:
Dan
My husband and I worked out a deal.
He has his 4x4 project truck sitting in the yard, another one in the driveway, the Mercedes he is yanking the engine out of for his truck, his tools every were, model trains, piles of steel for his welding, and the endless list of parts and supplies he want that I try to get for him.

Our bed room is my gun safe, I'm setting up an area in the shed for reloading, and the rabbits are mine...they even have cute names (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack time, dog food, stew...)

If I were you I would find out what her hobbies/ passions are and then do your best to support them. This may mean hours of watching her try on clothing with a smile of your face and some real questions or comment about them. Then ask her if you can share your hobby/passion with her. It might work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts