Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a quandary here. Looking to add another gun to my carry stable. Currently happily carrying a 9mm shield and a small undercover 38. (from time to time). Long story short. I wanted something I could both conceal, and have a little more fun at the range with. (Other than a full size S&W I shoot from time to time).

I made the mistake of looking into both the G19 Gen 4, and the Sig P320 carry. Even had a chance to shoot them both. I like both of them. A lot. I really thought I would lean toward the Glock, but the Sig's standard night sights and trigger and pushing me toward it. The Glock is pulling me with it's reputation, 3rd magazine included, and well, it's rock solid gun. I really can't afford both right now, or for a while, and can't make a decision, LOL. Locally, pricing is the same. $550 for either.

Input from anyone who has both, or has owned both in the past, on which you actually used more? Carried more? Shot better with? They both felt good in hand, and at 10 yards am able to keep maybe a 4-6 inch group. Decisions, decisions!

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Both companies make fine weapons. Me, Im a Glock 19 guy, even though I started out buying SIGS.

I think the deciding factor might well be what type weapons platform you want. Striker fired, no manual safety, like the Glock? Or Double action & external hammer like what I expect the SIG has?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Both companies make fine weapons. Me, Im a Glock 19 guy, even though I started out buying SIGS.

I think the deciding factor might well be what type weapons platform you want. Striker fired, no manual safety, like the Glock? Or Double action & external hammer like what I expect the SIG has?
Just so you know the p320 is the only sig (I think) that is striker fired. It is a great shooting, feeling, and carrying gun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the p320 compact with 300 trouble free rounds so far. It is extremely accurate and I like the trigger much better than on the glocks. Both are superbly reliable weapons. I just don't care for the grip angle on the glocks, but they are a fantastic weapon. I just put the subcompact frame one p320 with the compact slide, and now it's concealable even in this terrible Mississippi heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nothing against the G19. I don't own one at the moment, I have a Gen 4 G26 that I carry a lot, but I have no doubt I will have one at some point. They're just great all-around guns. Having said that, the P320 is the only one of the two capable of holding 17 rounds with the Carry grip frame and mags, swappable in a few seconds to a Compact grip frame holding 15 rounds and affording a little more concealment. So, it has a little more flexibility in that sense. Although you can also use 17 round G17 mags in the G19. With the Glock you're just missing out on the flush fit frame/magazines.

Here's the kicker though, the P320's trigger is on a different level than the Glock, any Glock. It's better in every way. I'm not sure how anyone that's shot both of them could disagree. Plus, if you choose to have someone do custom work on your P320 trigger, that same, now custom trigger set up just the way you like it, can be used in every P320 configuration you want to invest in. You just swap the fire control unit to your new frame and slide/barrel combo and you're good to go. With a Glock, or any other gun for that matter, you buy a new gun but you like your custom trigger on your old one, you have to pay a gunsmith again to have the trigger on your new gun worked on. Talk about a money saver, this one aspect is huge.

And I absolutely love getting the SigLite sights right outta the box. Don't have to buy sight pushers and tools to do it yourself, or spend an extra $100 to $200 or more to buy aftermarket night sights and find/pay someone to install them.

I used to be very critical of the P320, the fact that its a little chunkier than the G19, the higher bore axis, etc etc. That was all before I bought and shot one. Now, I truly cannot say enough good things about it. The better trigger, more than makes up for a higher bore axis, at least in my opinion. Mine's also been flawless through the first 500 rounds.

I'm not sure you can go wrong either way, but thought I would post some of my thoughts on the P320 that weren't posted here yet.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Another vote for the Sig.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Don't overlook the Sig P-2022 they area great shooting and for $400 w/ 2 mags and holster a great value! I have shot both the G-19 (my well broke-in gen 3) and the P-2022 next to each other and the P-2022 has a better feeling trigger and I was slightly more accurate with it! Just my .02 worth!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have shot the 320 and love it. Reliability? Glock and sig are just about the same. I not much of a Glock so if it was me it would be the sig hands down! That just me though
Same here the reliability is a wash..for me it would be what felt best in hand. and to me thats hands down the Sig. And this isnt a Glock bash..if the Glock FEELS better in hand get that instead....its just one of those deals where Glock is no longer the only/most reliable polymer out there anymore they are all pretty much the same from the "major" makers(Sig,Steyr,HK,Glock,M&P,Ruger,FN,etc,etc) so it comes down to handfeel/ergos

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I prefer the trigger, egos, sights, and grip texture of the Sig over the Glock.

Reactions: blackhawkfann24

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I agree, if you want a fun range gun the Sip 320 smokes the Glock, any Glock. The trigger is light years better on the Sig and Gray Guns offers a trigger package for it as well. You'll never want to touch a Glock again after you run a magazine full of ammo through the 320.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You should go with the one YOU feel best about. I know that for me, whenever I buy a weapon that is even slightly different that what my gut says--I can seemingly never get past it. I have lately been resisting the urge to buy ANY weapon based on the deal. I find the best deal I can on the weapon I WANT, but never buy one anymore that I DON"T want, no matter what a great deal it is. GO with your gut, they are both great choices--I have 2 Glocks and a bunch of sigs--can't recall a misfire from any of them (except of corse when I occasionally limp-wrist one , which is my fault, not the pistol's) My personal choice (for me), it is very hard to beat the Sig SRT trigger.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I'll put it this way, I wish the Sig 320 had been around when I invested so much; cash, practice, holsters, mags, sights, laser, trigger bar, polishing and emotional capital in...my G19. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Although you can also use 17 round G17 mags in the G19. With the Glock you're just missing out on the flush fit frame/magazines.
You can run +2 bases on 15rd mags

Plus, if you choose to have someone do custom work on your P320 trigger, that same, now custom trigger set up just the way you like it, can be used in every P320 configuration you want to invest in. You just swap the fire control unit to your new frame and slide/barrel combo and you're good to go. With a Glock, or any other gun for that matter, you buy a new gun but you like your custom trigger on your old one, you have to pay a gunsmith again to have the trigger on your new gun worked on. Talk about a money saver, this one aspect is huge.
Swapping glock triggers doesn't require a gunsmith anymore than my lego castle needs to be assembled by an engineer.

Call me crazy I just like the glock ergos more, especially the grip angle and the higher radius on the backstrap.

·
Registered
531 Posts
You can run +2 bases on 15rd mags

Swapping glock triggers doesn't require a gunsmith anymore than my lego castle needs to be assembled by an engineer.

Call me crazy I just like the glock ergos more, especially the grip angle and the higher radius on the backstrap.

Stock for stock, there's no comparison between the Sig trigger and any Glock. Sure, you can probably buy a drop in trigger for the Glock that might bring it up to the level of the Sig out of the box. And you can buy the night sights, and sight pusher to install the sights on the Glock that the Sig has from the factory. How much have you spent on the Glock by that point? I really like my G26 and carry it quite a bit. And yes, I spent extra $$$ for a different trigger and to have night sights installed on it. All in all, just on the gun itself I have a total of probably $900 into my G26.

Both are fine guns. But my P320 came with SigLites for about $600 plus tax and the stock trigger is still better than the aftermarket one in my G26. Frankly, I'm sick of having to spend a bunch of extra $$$ on mods for Glocks just to bring them somewhat close to what Sig offers in the P320 right from the factory. With the Glock you get crappy plastic sights and an extra $30 mag.

As for ergos, well, I wouldn't call you crazy at all, but those are personal preference. Some don't like the grip angle on one or the other. I happen to be good either way. I love texture and how the Gen 4 Glocks fit my hand. However, the Sig with a Small Compact grip frame though, feels just a little bit better. I think it mostly has to do with a shorter overall trigger reach.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you don't mind taking a chance with BTF. I would pick the G19 for the cheap replacement parts, reliability, durability, and the ability to replace any part within 5 min.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts