Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Euclidean said:
If you can make a 4" you can make 3" or 5".
they have made them..they just seem to have a hard time selling them

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I don't think you'll see many 5" revolvers because of how the gun game rules are. Hunters will go over 6" for that purpose and a 5" isn't easy for most to conceal. Now 3" revolvers are fun and I have more than a couple. I like 'em. The 4" is nice as well but I have only 2 of those. They work well for me in an all around role of carry and target shooting. I have taken one hunting with me, but didn't take any game with it.

-Scott-

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think there are all manner of taurus wheelguns in that length, arent there?

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Euc,

We have a 5", M27, P&R, TH & TT, nickel plated at the shop.
Don't recall price right now, but can check Monday if you're so inclined.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Tiime to bring out my shorter M27-2 pic :smilez: Certainly IMO on an N frame 5" just seems so, well - ''right'' - the balance, everything.

I guess from production POV the 4" fits the niche of what many consider the ''ideal'' length. Certainly I do myself like to see three inchers too - usually a very nice carry option. On reflection tho, thinking of my once carry M28-2 - that was 4" and also felt pretty ''right''.

I think I should have every revo made, in 3", 4", 5" and 6" - just for completeness' sake :18:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
P95Carry said:
Tiime to bring out my shorter M27-2 pic :smilez: Certainly IMO on an N frame 5" just seems so, well - ''right'' - the balance, everything.

I guess from production POV the 4" fits the niche of what many consider the ''ideal'' length. Certainly I do myself like to see three inchers too - usually a very nice carry option. On reflection tho, thinking of my once carry M28-2 - that was 4" and also felt pretty ''right''.

I think I should have every revo made, in 3", 4", 5" and 6" - just for completeness' sake :18:

Very nice

·
Registered
744 Posts
Can't forget my Ruger GP-100 3" SS .357. IMHO, it has perfect balance, can shoot hot loads all day and ask for more and is wickedly accurate!

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Ooops, sorry about that fellas.
Showed up on my screen :redface:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Pair of my favorite carry guns are 36's with the heavy 3" bbl, that I had shrouds installed on,, for years on the job I carried a 3 1/2" 27, in a shoulder holster and a 5" on the hip.. in discussions with Col.Askins and Mr.Jordan they both told me they thought the 5" was the best damn carry lenght for duty revolvers...

Mr. Bryce loved the 3 1/2" 27 and perfered it to all others

·
Registered
262 Posts
P95 - that's a sweet M27!

One of the gunrags reviewed a limited edition 686 "Stocking Dealer Special" with a 5in. short underlug barrel that looked nice as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.