Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, I'm in a time crunch. I've been searching all over the place for the right holster for me, and now I've put myself in a time crunch. With my CCW test coming up in 4 days, I need to get something ordered asap so it's here by Friday (need a holster for the exam on Saturday).

What would you recommend for a non-custom OWB holster that will get the job done for the exam and also for carrying while I decide on what custom holster I want to go with?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Here in Ohio the CCW course doesnt involve holsters at all. I wish it did, we have 2 hours of range time required for the class but nothing about presenting from a holster

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Pick up an Uncle Mikes at a gun store to get you by until you can do some research and buy a decent holster. You will never get a good one in 4 days. I do know Cabela's stocks some name brands so if there is one close to you you might try there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pick up an Uncle Mikes at a gun store to get you by until you can do some research and buy a decent holster. You will never get a good one in 4 days. I do know Cabela's stocks some name brands so if there is one close to you you might try there.
There is one up in Grand Forks, but I'm not going to have time to get up there this week.

Scheels didn't have much. Next stop is gander mountain.

I'll check out Uncle Mikes stuff.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Here is a idea, Maybe tell everybody on DC what type of gun you may have? I am sure that somebody close to ND would be willing to part with an old one to help a fellow out.

Most people have a bunch that sits in a draw collecting dust.

But that just my .02 cents.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Galco or Desantis would be a good option. Four days though maybe an issue. I would suggest you order one of those for the short term, and if it does not come in time, grab something from Uncle Mike.

Just a note, I actually like the Desantis offerings for OWB. They may not be as pretty as a Milt Sparks or Pure Kustom, but they are durable, comfortable, and if I trash it out, it did not cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Most gun shops carry Desantis and Galco stuff, prices are usually a little inflated though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a idea, Maybe tell everybody on DC what type of gun you may have? I am sure that somebody close to ND would be willing to part with an old one to help a fellow out.

Most people have a bunch that sits in a draw collecting dust.

But that just my .02 cents.
I figured my Signature would be seen clearly enough.

Galco or Desantis would be a good option. Four days though maybe an issue. I would suggest you order one of those for the short term, and if it does not come in time, grab something from Uncle Mike.

Just a note, I actually like the Desantis offerings for OWB. They may not be as pretty as a Milt Sparks or Pure Kustom, but they are durable, comfortable, and if I trash it out, it did not cost an arm and a leg.
Probably will just order a Uncle Mike's for now and get something better when I'm not in a crunch :)

Most gun shops carry Desantis and Galco stuff, prices are usually a little inflated though.
Can't be all that inflated. I'm going to check out a couple other gun shops around and see if they have anything. Else I'm just going to order a Uncle Mikes.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Are you sure that you need a hoslter for CCW?

Here in NY you do not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is just what the instructor told me when I took a different class with him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts