Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad needed to get legal so he could carry in Ga so I told him to get a non-res from PA after seeing the link here. He mailed it off on the 10th from SC and received it today. Now that's fast... 9 days total.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's great! I live in Pa and it took me a month for my local PD to sign off on my background check. I'm not really sure why considering it only takes 45 seconds to run one.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Must have been Centre County. Sheriff Nau and his team are incredibly efficient.

·
Registered
469 Posts
GEEZE! I LIVE in monroe county and it took 36 days of the 45 day period to get mine!
Congrats on the turn around time!
~Steve

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Yep, I got mine there too... He's a stand-up guy ...wish there were more sheriff's like him around...

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Send him our congrat:hand10:...now that's what we're talkin' 'bout...9 days.:yup:
(Actually, it should only take about 15 minutes, but 9 days is better than most.:congrats:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm in SC also, and got my PA non-res permit a few weeks ago w/ about the same turnaround time. Also, it's only $26 for 5 years. That's hard to beat.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i plan on getting my PA non resident when i go to PA this month just to have more than my GA

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
That is indeed fantastic, especially for a non-resident permit! Nine days- yeah, the folk(s) who did the processing most certainly deserve a BIG round of applause.

We have a 30-day period in which they are to issue a CPL for residents here in Washington- I'm on day 30...

·
Registered
568 Posts
That's great! I live in Pa and it took me a month for my local PD to sign off on my background check. I'm not really sure why considering it only takes 45 seconds to run one.
Montgomery County has one of the handful of Sheriffs that like to make the process more difficult than it needs to be. Your local PD has nothing to do with the background check. That's done by PICS. The PA Instant Check System.

GEEZE! I LIVE in monroe county and it took 36 days of the 45 day period to get mine!
Congrats on the turn around time!
~Steve
Monroe County is another of the problem counties. Your Sheriff asks for tax info and thinks that your references have to be residents of Monroe County, doesn't he?

I'm in Bucks County. If I were to apply to the Sheriff's Office at the County Courthouse in Doylestown, Sheriff Donnelly would have my LTCF in my hand in about 15 minutes. If I go to one of the satellite offices, it might take as much as a week, but probably only a few days. That's how it goes in most of PA. There's no reason for issuance to take more than a week.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Congrats!:35: I got my PA non-res permit several months ago from Centre County, and it only took about 12-14 days. We sent my wife's app in about a week after, and hers came back in just over a week. The sheriff there does a GREAT job! Congrats to him as well!:congrats:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just got my PA permit. Took 11 days, but that was with the Vet's Day mail holiday in the mix. Centre County, very fast indeed. That's faster than my local resident permit process that I dropped off in person. Thumbs up to Sheriff Nau and his folks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts