Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so here's my problem. I live in Illinois. I know - big gun hater state due solely to Chicago.

I've been researching non-resident permits from other states, but from what I've found, most every state requires a permit holder to have a valid permit from his/her state of residence.

I'm looking at mostly being allowed to CC in Indiana, Missouri, and Kentucky, but have come up empty handed so far.

Does anyone have any info to offer that would allow me to CC in the states listed above?

Also, anyone on this forum that is a resident of Illinois, I hope you'll vote for Bill Brady in the primary election in 2010!! He's the best choice for gun rights I've seen yet.

·
Registered
934 Posts
iirc NH will issue you a permit if your home state doesnt issue one... and i think florida too

·
Registered
451 Posts
Check out Utah, i actually got this out of state permit 1st before i got my Mo CCW. You won't have any problems getting this one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Illinois gun laws do suck! Chicago is my hometown and something really does have to be done about that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone who responded. I think PA is my only option, although I'm not really sure I'd be legal carrying in the states I originally inquired about.

However, I think I'll send in my application and see what happens.

Again, thanks to everyone, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and many safe years to come.

~ Steve

·
Registered
109 Posts
I totally agree about the FL permit. I'm applying for that now. I got the PA permit first because it was cheap, fast, and was good in VA and NC, where we were vacationing this fall.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks to everyone who responded. I think PA is my only option, although I'm not really sure I'd be legal carrying in the states I originally inquired about.

However, I think I'll send in my application and see what happens.

Again, thanks to everyone, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and many safe years to come.

~ Steve
you are good to go in those states with the PA non-res permit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought PA issued non-res permits only to folks from states that don't issue permits. Otherwise, you have to send PA a copy of your home state res permit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I thought PA issued non-res permits only to folks from states that don't issue permits. Otherwise, you have to send PA a copy of your home state res permit.
They will issue in either case. If your state has CCW, then PA requests that you send a photocopy of your current CCL. So, you are right on both accounts there.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Also, anyone on this forum that is a resident of Illinois, I hope you'll vote for Bill Brady in the primary election in 2010!! He's the best choice for gun rights I've seen yet.
Hopefully Bill Brady is nothing like the Brady Bill? :blink:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Road Warrior, I had the same problem being from IL. I ended up getting both Florida and Utah permits but I have also heard PA is a good one to have as well. I trave alot in Mo, KS and MN so it works well for me, plus I get to Florida about 4 times a year.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts