Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to access handgunlaw.us submenu to get the Non-Resident Permit States.

Does anyone know which States offer a Non-Resident Permit (other than Florida) by mail? (Meaning without having to be physically in the state to take their test like Utah)

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I could be wrong but I think Maine, Utah, Florida and I know theres like two others.

·
Super Moderator
25,562 Posts
Does anyone know which States offer a Non-Resident Permit (other than Florida) by mail? (Meaning without having to be physically in the state to take their test like Utah)

thanks
You don't have to go to Utah and take a test. You have to take their course given by one of their instructors. And the course can be given any place... As an example it has been given in Maryland twice this year, by a Utah certified instructor who lives in Virginia.

If you go to the web site for getting a Utah permit, you can find a list that will tell you if there are any instructors near you.

HAWAII
THOMAS BURNETT............................ 808-982-7001
e-mail ............................. [email protected]
WAYNE HOLU ..................................... 808-292-7321
web site .................... www.koaservicesinc.com
e-mail ................... [email protected]
BLANE MAEBO ................................... 808-959-8763
e-mail ................... [email protected]
PAUL YOSHIOKA ................................ 808-938-3344
e-mail ............................ [email protected]

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Pennsylvania.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

You do NOT have to go to Utah to test. I can take a Utah-approved course 30 miles from me. I plan to make that my Christmas present to myself. :danceban:

You do NOT have to go to Connecticut, either, though unless you plan to visit here a lot, it's not worth the effort.

You DO have to go to Nevada.

·
Registered
752 Posts
UT,FL, and VA if you don't have another permit. CT,PA,ME,NH, also do mail but you'll need another permit(not sure whether it needs to be YOUR home state permit or just any permit).

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
For PA use Centre County:hand10:
Yup, If you have a resident permit, Centre County will process your permit in about 10 days, $26 & a copy of your DL and permit...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your wealth of information. Once again the wonders of the internet, and the people like yourselves who share information are priceless.
Wes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts