Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in South Carolina and recently checked again on the NC rules. I have always though that you were prohibided from carrying anywhere you purchase tix for admission. I could not find that on the NC website. Did I miss it or was there a change?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Nope it's still the law as far as I know along with some other crazy limitations that we are trying to change!!!

NCH

·
Registered
809 Posts
Its the same statute that prohibits carry into a place that serves alcohol:

§ 14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(b) This section shall not apply to the following:

(1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269;

(2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;

(3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and

(4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is definitely one of the worst laws in NC, IMO. I want to be able to carry into the d*** movie theater! This one, and the "financial institution" one should definitely be done away with--cause technically, you could potentially call any store a "financial institution."

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, theaters can get pretty rough at night too...

But anywhere that charges admission, no CCW there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What about open carry there? NC is an open carry state.
You can OC in a bank or financial institution, but not CC, so long as the entrance is not posted.
You can not carry period, where admission is charged.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Where did you get that information from? I haven't been able to find anything specific to OC like that.
NORTH CAROLINA FIREARMS LAWS
Paragraph III. A. 2.

Assemblies and Establishments
North Carolina law also prohibits any person carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol into
any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission or into any establishment where alcoholic beverages are both sold and consumed. Again, the individuals exempted from carrying concealed weapons cited in paragraph III. A. of this publication are similarly exempted under this law. A concealed handgun permit does not allow a permittee to carry a weapon in these areas.

FYI, ... Paragraph III. A. covers: Categories of persons allowed in particular circumstances, to carry concealed weapons, i,e. "Bowie Knife, dirk, dagger, slingshot, loaded cane, metallic knuckles, razor, shurikin, stungun, or other deadly weapon of like kind.” Not handguns

This is the one paragraph all NC CHP holders should know by heart.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, that law blows a big one... but tis the law...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yea, it sucks. Cant even carry into the gun show that comes around here twice a year. Oh well. At least we can carry on the Parkway now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My brother is the manager of some theaters in nc and he told me they don't charge "admission fees" because you can come in to the theater for snacks and the arcade without paying. They only charge a viewing fee for the movies.

Now IANAL but I specifically asked this after he was robbed at the theater and went to his CCW course.

·
Registered
161 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.