Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
North Dakota may be going constitutional carry. They will still keep the current CCW License for those who wish to carry outside the state but no license would be required to carry open or concealed. I think it has a good chance to pass. Last year they were talking about allowing carry in schools with a license, I hope that passes.

·
Registered
14,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well smoked thru the House, senate passed it 34-13 so it on the desk of the Gov, he should sign it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, it was finally passed! :danceban: One thing I noticed in a previous comment though and something that is a bit confusing in this law is that North Dakota has some quirky laws. It was mentioned that this would allow you to open of concealed carry without a permit. Here's the rub, in North Dakota, you can carry an UNLOADED handgun openly and only in the daylight hours UNLESS you have a concealed carry permit. This new law from what I have seen doesn't really address open carry and this is what is confusing. Now as of August 1st, you can conceal carry a loaded firearm as long as you have been a resident of the state for over 1 year, are legal to own a handgun in the state and is only legal within the state. If you want to travel outside the state, we still issue Class I and II CCW permits and have reciprocity with other states. How does this effect folks that open carry? I haven't seen anything in this bill that would state that now because you can conceal carry without a permit within the state that you would be able to open carry without a concealed carry permit. But if a permit isn't needed to conceal carry, would you need the permit to open carry? Kind of confusing at this point and for folks that do opt for open carry (personally, I prefer concealed but that's just me) I would still want to have the CCW permit until that's been sorted out.

·
Registered
14,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grunt, ND is not an open carry state per se. They got rid of some of those stupid laws like the hours of daylight carry law and simplified the text.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Think of the tens of people that will be able to constitutionally carry!
Yeah, and those tens of people are still too many!!! Fortunately the oil boom out in the Bakken ended with the dropping prices so now all of these outsiders have no reason to stay here and can go back to where they came from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts