Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Bloomberg was not satisfied with the first round earlier this year. The governor plans to call a special session in August. On the agenda:
  • ban on "assault weapons", suppressors, and magazines that hold over 10 rounds
  • repeal reciprocity with 25 states
  • shutdown indoor shooting ranges
  • restrict outdoor shooting ranges
  • no open carry in vehicles
  • proof of training to purchase a firearm
  • 10% tax on guns and ammunition
  • conviction for various misdemeanors or a "hate crime" will take away gun rights
  • illegal to have guns in state or local government buildings
  • illegal to carry in Capitol Square or in the General Assembly
  • gun stores cannot employ anyone who is prohibited from owning firearms - even a janitor
  • and more...

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Just saw the alert from VCDL and sent the emails to my representatives, not that it will do any good with those two

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Looks like VA is trying to take N.Y.'s place for the worst state to own guns
I pray that this doesn't make it ,

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Virginia has turned from one of the best states for 2A rights to one of the worse in pretty short order. Patrick Henry has got to be turning in his grave.

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
Looks like it is time for y'all to have another Lobby Day type event.
But I guess they would shut you down for covid since y'all are not protesting a looting for BLM.
Looks like it is time for me to send another donation to VCDL

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
I wonder how the Legislature will look at all those agenda items.

What a shame for the state of VA.

Northam is turning out to be much worse than I ever imagined he'd be...and I knew he'd be bad.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
This is going to continue being a long and frustrating battle if SCOTUS refuses to do their job.

People are tearing down "racist" statues of Grant and Lincoln, yet a guy who put a picture of himself in black face standing next to a guy in a KKK hood in his law school yearbook somehow manages to remain in place as governor. The world has turned into a looney bin.

Edit: correction, the photo appeared in his medical school yearbook. Facts and accuracy matter.

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Time for a recall election.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Looks like it is time for y'all to have another Lobby Day type event.
But I guess they would shut you down for covid since y'all are not protesting a looting for BLM.
Looks like it is time for me to send another donation to VCDL
This May turn into more than a lobby day. Do believe the left wants to start the next war right here in Virginia. Unfortunately the governor may well get his wish.

Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Time for a recall election.
VA is the one state that doesn't do recalls by election, but by trial. A petition has to be presented, singed by a number of registered voters equal to 10% of the number of voters who voted in the election that put the official in question in office. Then the recall is tried by a circuit court and that verdict may be appealed to the VA Supreme Court. Ironically, another thing the Dems are proposing is raising the signature requirements to 15%.

A recall effort would be futile. He would be replaced by Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, who is every bit as bad.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
So easy to see where his priorities lie.

No General Assembly session during an over 3 month long state of emergency due to COVID-19. Instead the Governor saw fit to handle all decisions unilaterally like a dictator.

When there is protesting and rioting destroying parts of the state and still going on, the Governor didn’t see fit to get input from the General Assembly. Instead he panders to the crowd and lets them destroy what they want.

Entering hurricane season, where some work has not be completed or funding has been redirected due to COVID-19, the Governor saw no need for the General Assembly to examine those issues.

But instead less than 3 months before elections, he wants to call a special session to redraw district lines (gerrymander) and then adds gun control to the agenda.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
This May turn into more than a lobby day. Do believe the left wants to start the next war right here in Virginia. Unfortunately the governor may well get his wish.
The amount of body armor being purchased in VA is staggering. I was talking to a production manager from a Bedford armor manufacturer a couple weeks back, they are full steam ahead working around the clock.
Can’t get enough carriers in to hold what they are producing. Their seamstresses are off due to chi-com flu, their line of nylon gear is shut down; back orders galore.

I think lots of people are expecting problems on the streets of Richmond surrounding the next lobby day. I had a backpack full of medical gear at the last one.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well, in VA, at least when one slaps/punches a LEO when they come to take your once legal guns, it will only be a misdemeanor. Oh wait that will probably only be applied if you're rioting, burning down buildings or some other sanctioned far left activity.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Good luck against that communist mutt; he is a scourge on the land there.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
The amount of body armor being purchased in VA is staggering. I was talking to a production manager from a Bedford armor manufacturer a couple weeks back, they are full steam ahead working around the clock.
Can’t get enough carriers in to hold what they are producing. Their seamstresses are off due to chi-com flu, their line of nylon gear is shut down; back orders galore.

I think lots of people are expecting problems on the streets of Richmond surrounding the next lobby day. I had a backpack full of medical gear at the last one.
The governor is not poking the bear. He is punching. The bear might punch back this time.

Folks emotions are tense right now. A true leader would seek to deescalate but not this guy. He wants a fight. He may just get it. Virginians are not in the same frame of mind now as they were in January. Folks are fearful. Leadership is non existent. We have tyranny in public office. This will not end well.

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Northam is determined to ruin VA. I just heard today that the gas tax in VA is going up by 12.6 cents a gallon.

More draconian gun laws and higher taxes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts