Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
This will be an interesting one to follow since he did not breach the house.
Correct. After dark, "IN TEXAS". "MAY"......(key word) go smoothly 🤞. There seems to be an uptick, in these "perv's", here in the Houston area, lately.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It was explained to me by an attorney that by law it must go to a grand jury. Even if it’s overwhelmingly obvious that it’s a justifiable self defense. She said that shooting someone is technically illegal so it must proceed through the legal system. Your welcome to argue my post, but I’m just the messenger on this one.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I wouldn't count on nullification. If the law doesn't allow this, she may well get indicted.

That being said TX has pretty generous self defense statutes. Lots of SYG and Castle Doctrine type stuff. I don't know how this will play. With no indication that the dead guy actually tried to break in, claiming self defense against a threat of deadly force may be a stretch. Then again, that might not be necessary in TX.

I bet that if the DA does present to the grand jury, she will be no-billed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nobody knows if he was a peeping tom. He have been proceeding to murder, kidnap, or rape. Homeowner had an accidental discharge. No charges filed - hopefully

·
Registered
44,729 Posts
Sounds like possibly trespassing and maybe lewd behavior at most on the perp's part. No theft, no attempted entry.

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Administrator
144,772 Posts
Nobody knows if he was a peeping tom. He have been proceeding to murder, kidnap, or rape. Homeowner had an accidental discharge. No charges filed - hopefully
Multiple shots fired through the wall. One heck of a multiple accidental discharges. 🙄

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
TX + female victim + nighttime = she walks.
(My prediction)

Reactions: The Old Anglo

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
I can't make a call on this one - shooting through a wall??

Reactions: nikk

·
Premium Member
9,342 Posts
Don't know all the facts.

Was he really a "peeping tom?" Or was he some drunk guy stumbling home?

Where is the location of the window? Front of the house, with unobstructed access from sidewalk? Back of the house, looking out over a fenced and secured yard?

Does a "peeping tom" present enough of a threat of imminent bodily harm to justify the use of deadly force? He was outside the house.

Too early to tell.

Here's a map of the location where it happened:

The story just said it happened at the 8900 block. Looks like a number of houses (maybe) at the 8915 block. Was it someone on the way to one of those houses and picked the wrong address?

People are seeing what the want to see and saying right away it's a justifiable use of deadly force, but none of us really have any clue as to what happened.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts