Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first holster for my G19 was a Tucker. A very fine quality holster but it rode a little high on me. I felt as if I was dislocating my arm when drawing. I then tried the Fobus holster but felt it was a little tight for the gun. I attempted to loosen it but to no avail. I then tried the Glock holster. I liked this one. It seems flimsy but really works well for me. I then bought an Uncle Mikes. This one is also very nice retaining and releasing the gun but keeps the gun a little too far from my body. So I use each one for different situations. Nothing is ever perfect.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
perhaps try the Blackhawk Serpa holster. If you can find a big gun store they might let you try before you buy.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ahh me - the holster box! :rolleyes:

I think however careful we try and be - it just, well - happens :18:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would hate to think how many holsters I have purchased thu out the years, I could peobably purchase a couple nice pistols.
I have decided that I buy from only 3 holster makers & they each have there pluses. Milt Sparks , The Summer Special is a great IWB holster, K & D holsters makes a wonderful outside waistband holster, Have a Anaconda & Leather on order currently, & for my SAA pistols i use El Paso Saddlery,. Find a Holster maker you like & stay with them. This alone has saved me money .

Now when I purchase a new gun my first call is to one of the above. Saves me a fortune in bad holster decisions.

If anyone needs a BlackHawk Serpa for Either a 1911 or Glock 17 PM me ... also have many other holsters before ya buy .. Ya might want to ask on the Board ... Somebaody may have one that they dislike.

Take Care & Stay Safe

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
OldDawg said:
I would hate to think how many holsters I have purchased thu out the years, I could peobably purchase a couple nice pistols.
I have decided that I buy from only 3 holster makers & they each have there pluses. Milt Sparks , The Summer Special is a great IWB holster, K & D holsters makes a wonderful outside waistband holster, Have a Anaconda & Leather on order currently, & for my SAA pistols i use El Paso Saddlery,. Find a Holster maker you like & stay with them. This alone has saved me money .

Now when I purchase a new gun my first call is to one of the above. Saves me a fortune in bad holster decisions.

If anyone needs a BlackHawk Serpa for Either a 1911 or Glock 17 PM me ... also have many other holsters before ya buy .. Ya might want to ask on the Board ... Somebaody may have one that they dislike.

Take Care & Stay Safe

Theres a thread along those lines here you can also post a WTB ad in the for sale forum or a for sale ad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts