Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not living in fear, just ready about sums up my wife and my frame of mind. Both have CHL and carry 100% of time that we are legal to. Both say in condition yellow when out and about and watch out for each other. If trouble comes down we may not win but the other fellow or fellows are not going to be happy campers either. I wonder if there is any one else who has this mind set of not looking for trouble just ready? NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I think most people on this forum will fit in to that mindset. Living in fear is not living, it's just fear. We carry for the same reason we have life insurance and fire extinguishers. When you look at everything around you as a threat first and foremost, you let the evil in the world win.

·
Registered
370 Posts
When you look at everything around you as a threat first and foremost, you let the evil in the world win.
This was my biggest thing when I first started carrying. I like people and didn't want to become one of those guys who didn't trust anybody. Well I'm prepared and keep a good eye out and so far things are going well.

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
You are never "ready" enough when it happens.

It does however beat the alternative, as you will default to your training.

Biker

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I think most people on this forum will fit in to that mindset. Living in fear is not living, it's just fear. We carry for the same reason we have life insurance and fire extinguishers. When you look at everything around you as a threat first and foremost, you let the evil in the world win.
+1 I cant say it any better

·
Registered
651 Posts
Honestly, I have a lot of fear and it is a good thing for me. When I stop fearing is when I will have nothing to lose or I just won't give a darn. I am glad for you and your spouse and I commend your awareness and preperation.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
My wife and I are always ready. At least I'd like to think so, and having someone with you as a true partner in this somehow makes everything complete. It's taken me quite a while to find Ms Right, and since I have, we do nothing but grow together in every aspect of our lives including CC and making it until the next sunrise in a cold, hard world. Ready? Always. Fear? Never! Being ready enhances our lives......the idea of living in fear would destroy them.
Keep up the good work....you know who you are.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Fear-no, heightened awareness-yes, prepared- always.:smile:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Worked in Newark, NJ for some 20 yrs.....my S&W Model 36 saved my arse twice. It's not about fear, it's about survival. They want it, you got it and they're willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

One More Step And It's On...................

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
My wife will not be ready, very content :sheep: I try to always be aware and prepared enough for the both of us. I agree with the "not living in fear, but prepared lifestyle", and have been living in the yellow condition for years. IMO, there's allot of good to be said about the being prepared mindset. To bad some folks in the world compare it to some level of paranoia. :nutkick:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I'm comfortably in 'yellow' and plan to stay that way. My wife is getting there...just yesterday she commented how she went to the market while armed...I'm liking her more alert attitude.:image035:

I carry 100% of the time that I can legally do so...:comeandgetsome::yup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts