Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Good Samaritan are sometimes unaware samaritans. Good intentions are often lead to actions that have bad results. In this matter the samaritan had good fortune in that the ild animal he placed in his car did not attack him in a quest for freedom. No one got hurt. That is luck not from common sense.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
When my wife was a deputy warden in California (before she was a biologist) she and the warden she worked with picked up a live raccoon that someone had trapped. They put it in a wooden crate in the trunk of the vehicle they were patrolling in and my wife could hear it tearing up the wood in the trunk. Realizing that it would make it's way through the crate, and probably the back seat of the car, she made the guy who was driving pull over so they could release the critter. Good thinking on her part.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Our next door neighbor when I was growing up occasionally would poach alligators to supplement his meager income. (This was back before there was a legal alligator season.) After shooting the approximate 5-6 ft reptile he hid it behind the seat of his F-100 pickup and brought it home to show to his wife and kids. As he opened the door of the truck and flipped the seat up the reptile came back to life and decided he did not want to stay in the pickup!:blink: It created quite a ruckus in our neighborhood and was subsequently dispatched by another neighbor with a 12 ga. Needless to say the few bucks he got for the poached gator did not cover the extensive damage to the interior of the truck (not to mention the foul smell)!:biggrin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts