Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a different one... a guy tried to carjack a few vehicles on I-84, incidentally where the speed limit is 80 mph and traffic is usually going well above that. It's not clear whether the vehicles he tried to carjack were stopped, or whether they were still in motion, but this shows sometimes the best option to avoid a carjacking is to hit the gas pedal.

After deputies attempted several PIT maneuvers, Conrad, who police said had a handgun, was eventually stopped in a field north of the westbound lanes of I-84 near at milepost 110 after his pickup went through a barbed- wire fence toward the interstate.

ISP said Conrad fled on foot south across westbound I-84 and into the eastbound lanes.

After that, police said the man tried to carjack a semi-truck at at gunpoint, as well as a red car driven by a female. Both drivers fled eastbound.

After the suspect unsuccessfully tried to carjack a third vehicle - an SUV - police said he turned around and pointed a gun at deputies.

It was then that two deputies fired at Conrad.

"The suspect turned around toward sheriff's deputies with a gun in his hand and two sheriff's deputies shot the suspect, killing him," ISP spokesperson Teresa Baker said.

Full story at this link:
One dead in deputy-involved shooting near Hammett | KTVB.COM

·
Registered
335 Posts
Desperate men do curious things when the rope tightens.

Reactions: Old Sarge

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Sounds like they should have found treatment for him before he became a danger to himself and others. Sad because he had people who cared about him. At least he didn't take others with him like so many seem to think they have to these days. He committed suicide.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like they should have found treatment for him before he became a danger to himself and others. Sad because he had people who cared about him. At least he didn't take others with him like so many seem to think they have to these days. He committed suicide.
Treatment for mental illness, or just being evil? Are you aware of the difference?

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Treatment for mental illness, or just being evil? Are you aware of the difference?
I know I'M not. I'm guessing that YOU'RE not. I'm not sure that ANYone is "aware" of that thin, muddled line. Yet if a gun is being aimed at me? I don't have the time or luxury for deep psychotherapy.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Kurt Vonnegut is sheding tears from heaven. There is still hope for the human race.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
From the OP's link:

Family: Man shot by deputies was unstable

Ya think? :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts