Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy and I were headed home tonight and came upon a DWI checkpoint. We had a couple of car lengths to get ready so I turned on the dome light and got out my license and permit.

With both hands on the wheel and my id in my left hand I said to the officer "I have a concealed handgun permit and I am armed." It seemed to catch him off guard a little but he regrouped quickly and asked if I had anything to drink tonight. I said no and he said "have a nice night."

Could not have been more uneventful. I got an A+ from my 9yr old who's hands never left the dash.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Sounds like a good kid to me.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Was that a situation where you had to notify?

·
Super Moderator
17,029 Posts

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Your kiddo's hands were on the dash? :confused:
Yeah me too. :rofl:

Respectfully, that just strikes me as funny. I can almost envision the confusion of the LEOs face. You hands on the wheel and the little guys hands on the dash. (Leo) What chall been up to, tonight?

·
Registered
862 Posts
sounds like it went straight forward with no hiccups.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I chuckled when I read his kid's hands were on the dash too. Can't hurt I guess, just a funny mental image. :tongue:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hopefully they were a little more thorough than that with all the other drivers. I guess just asking would give them enough info for someone who's really trashed, but it seems a simple "no" to their question was enough for you.
If you had some free time, you should have answered, "No, but my buddy here with his hands on the dash is pretty tanked...i'm his DD tonight".

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I'm his Designated Shooter 'till he's old enough to get his own permit.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Good job dad...

I think we have identified a "future pistol packer"! :danceban:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Sounds like a very professional cop working a "Communist Checkpoint"..."Your papers please?"
OMO

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Hopefully they were a little more thorough than that with all the other drivers. I guess just asking would give them enough info for someone who's really trashed, but it seems a simple "no" to their question was enough for you.
If you had some free time, you should have answered, "No, but my buddy here with his hands on the dash is pretty tanked...i'm his DD tonight".
:rofl: They enjoy a good laugh too.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Sounds like a very professional cop working a "Communist Checkpoint"..."Your papers please?"
OMO
so now dui check points are Communist? This line of thought is getting to be B.S.

If it puts one of the many drunk idiots in jail then I don't see the problem. Have that many of you all have something to hide, aren't we all law abiding citizens?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
so now dui check points are Communist? This line of thought is getting to be B.S.

If it puts one of the many drunk idiots in jail then I don't see the problem. Have that many of you all have something to hide, aren't we all law abiding citizens?
I believe what they're referring to is the fact that he's being stopped for no reason, and since he has to produce his permit and license and inform the officer(when he's done nothing that would make them stop him under normal circumstances), that comparing it to the old communist soviet union is appropriate.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I believe what they're referring to is the fact that he's being stopped for no reason, and since he has to produce his permit and license and inform the officer(when he's done nothing that would make them stop him under normal circumstances), that comparing it to the old communist soviet union is appropriate.
There is nothing wrong with DUI checkpoints, and there is nothing wrong with "must notify" laws either, though they are a bit stupid (its hard to find legislation that isn't at least a little bit stupid).

Just as a note to other NC - the OP did it exactly right. You MUST NOTIFY immediately. You cannot wait till he is at your window and just hand him your permit.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts