Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my Glock 32 for a Glock 19 today......

I really like the 357 Sig round, especially for CCW....but i just got damn fed up with the un-reliability of the Glock 32.....

I would have at least two fail to feed jams out of every 50 rounds...using four different mags....I have wasted hundreds of dollars on ammo trying to get it to be reliable......bought new mags, changed followers, polished feed ramp, changed recoil spring and tried six different brands of ammo with the same result......and im not about to spend another couple hundred dollars sending it back and forth to Glock to TRY and make it right, and then another hundred on ammo to see if it runs......I should have settled on 9mm and stuck with it....

I have been reading a LOT of threads through different fourms about the Glock 40/357 guns having many, many issues.....

I believe that the Glock is most reliable in 9mm, i owned one years ago and never had a problem with it...never one jam.....

traded for my new 19 today, bought 250 rounds of FMJ and ran perfectly.....going to run another 300 through it on Saturday along with some premium hollowpoints....

here is a pic in my carry rig.....a TT gunleather pancake holster which is EXCELLENT.......

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had 2 Glocks chambered in 40. G23 and G27. 100% reliable. I have also heard more than one person mention problems with the 357 sig chambering. Your setup looks good. I hope you will have good luck with it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.....i originally started out with a Sig P229 in 357, which was, for me...way to big for everyday carry

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
the 357sig and 45 gap glocks are the only glocks that i don't have. but as the g19 goes, it is one of the best. i never had any problems with any of my glocks.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I think you're really gonna like the G19. I've yet to find a 9mm round that mine didn't eat like candy. :hand10:

·
Registered
657 Posts
the 357sig and 45 gap glocks are the only glocks that i don't have. but as the g19 goes, it is one of the best. i never had any problems with any of my glocks.
I am SO jealous right now!!!:twak:
I'm so jealous, I'm switching parties and imposing a Glock tax. Send me any 2 of your Glocks, except the 26, and one to Bumper. (Gotta pay the lion his due) Then we'll be straight. :gah:

Bruce, that's a sweet looking rig you've got. Hope the G19 works better for you.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Wise move, Grasshopper!:yup::hand10:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
The Glock was designed around the 9mm....that's why it's best at it IMO. I haven't heard much bad about the .357sig Glocks. I've never had any problems out of any of my Glocks in 9mm, 40S&W, or 45acp. I also think the G19/23 pistols are the perfect size for CC with ample capacity.
Congratulations on your new G19!

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I dont care what anybody else has to say, the G19 is one of the best pistols ever made.
And yes, Glocks are better in 9mm.

·
Registered
199 Posts
my 21sf has yet to have problem ive got 500 rounds through it with out single problem no cleanin yet (dusted off the outside after shot thats it) they built the 19 the best though IMO ive shot several and love them smooth accurate no problems but the 21sf is great also i will post when i get my first jam/missfeed/no fire

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sweet! I love my Glock 19. Probably my favorite handgun I have owned. I'm hoping to get a 26 to go with it when I get back to the states.

·
Registered
10,991 Posts
Interesting...one of the supposed advantages of the .357 Sig is that it is a bottlenecked round, and is thus supposed to be virtually immune from feeding issues.:confused:

I would have sent it back to Glock...they have excellent customer service, and I doubt they would have charged you to fix it (did you at least call them?).

If you join GSSF, you can have Glock armorers inspect/fix your Glock for free at any match, FYI.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's funny because I think a G-19 is too big for everyday carry. Great gun, but she is a bit big.
hi,

well, the 26 would be perfectly-perfect (is that a word, lol) for carry but i just dont like guns that you cant get a full grip on and your pinky hangs below (like j frame snubby)...i know you can get extensions but i dont trust those things because of magazine reliability......

but the 19 lets me get all of my hand on it and nothing more, which is great......the 229 i had its grip was almost the same length, but FAT....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am SO jealous right now!!!:twak:
I'm so jealous, I'm switching parties and imposing a Glock tax. Send me any 2 of your Glocks, except the 26, and one to Bumper. (Gotta pay the lion his due) Then we'll be straight. :gah:

Bruce, that's a sweet looking rig you've got. Hope the G19 works better for you.
thank you very much :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Great gun. One of my first real guns was a G19. I wish I did not have to part with it when I did. I was suprised to read this thread. I have read nothing but good things about the G32/33 and just about bought one the other day.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great gun. One of my first real guns was a G19. I wish I did not have to part with it when I did. I was suprised to read this thread. I have read nothing but good things about the G32/33 and just about bought one the other day.
and thats only part of the story......i had bought a G32 earlier in the year that was a total jam-o-matic....but that is a loooongg story...

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
While everyone's opinion of the "perfect" CC is different, I am sure that reliability is going to be the top requirement. The G19 is going to be uterly reliable.

Good luck!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
While everyone's opinion of the "perfect" CC is different, I am sure that reliability is going to be the top requirement. The G19 is going to be uterly reliable.

Good luck!
EXACTLY!!!! you hit the nail on the head.....just for reference, i owned a
Glock 17 for about 8 years that NEVER jammed after 5000+ rounds......I stupidly traded it a couple years ago...still kicking myself over that too

1 - 20 of 38 Posts