Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like these guys even more than I used to now!

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes
Pentagon Supplier for Rifle Sights Says It Has 'Always' Added New Testament References

Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.

The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army.

U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan and were drawn up in order to prevent criticism that the U.S. was embarked on a religious "Crusade" in its war against al Qaeda and Iraqi insurgents.
Read the entire article HERE.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am thinking about buying them too...it is between the Arma-laser and the trijicon sights. This story is leading me towards the trijicon's

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just heard that this same topic was canned earlier today.

Sorry Mods, I wasn't on line today so I didn't see it. If you want to dump this one too, feel free.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I already prefer Trij's over all the others...OMO.:smoke23:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I started the earlier thread by simply linking to the ABC News article. I don't understand why it was canned. It was legitimate news and was an appropriate "weapons" based topic and posted in the right sub-category. Sometimes I think the mods here are a little too overzealous.

·
Registered
96 Posts
"It allows the Mujahedeen, the Taliban, al Qaeda and the insurrectionists and jihadists to claim they're being shot by Jesus rifles," he said."

He has a point there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"It allows the Mujahedeen, the Taliban, al Qaeda and the insurrectionists and jihadists to claim they're being shot by Jesus rifles," he said."

He has a point there.
The point can be made that the soldier and rifle were placed there by God himself! We are still the "Blue-eyed Devils", it matters not what brand of scope you use or what's inscribed on it. That's the unique luxury these people enjoy, they can point the finger at anything they don't like and "make a point" (no pun intended) citing some religious belief. If we take the references off the scopes, they will find something else. Meanwhile we must unfortunately, hold our tongues and bind our soldiers hands even more? B/S! If that scope helps save an American life, I say AMEN! Even Rocky got a blessing before a fight ;-)

BTW, we can make the point that our kids are getting blown up by Allah inspired IED's and shot by bullets cast with the spirit of Al-Mumīt (or the The Bringer of Death, The Destroyer 3:156, 7:158, 15:23, 57:2 in the Qur'an). Now what?????

In closing, let our fine service people do their jobs and don't worry what's inscribed on the scope....but instead worry about whether or not our brothers and sisters and fully equipped with the best tools to facilitate their safe return!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I put the TA31H-G on my M4 back in December. All I can say is AWESOME.
So much more of a true weapon sight than the EoTech 552 and 3X FTS I was running before. The new green horseshoe reticle is fantastic,

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I honestly never saw the big deal. It's not an attempt to proselytize, it's the PRIVATELY HELD company paying respects to the faith of its founder with a discreet and generally unrecognizable addition to its serial numbers.

There's no need for anyone to go out of your way to be offended by it.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I honestly never saw the big deal. It's not an attempt to proselytize, it's the PRIVATELY HELD company paying respects to the faith of its founder with a discreet and generally unrecognizable addition to its serial numbers.

:rofl: 'Well said!

·
Registered
420 Posts
It is a privately held company doing business with the government. If this was about parts being sold to the public it wouldn't be any more of a story than In 'n Out burger having Bible references on their wrappers and cups.

That's just the thing. No one, religious or otherwise, should need to go out of their way to be offended. This doesn't belong on government equipment and Trijicon should be told to knock it off (and I suspect they will, this story is now hitting the news in several European countries).

I wonder how many of you would be fine with the phrase, "There is no God," engraved on rifle components.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
torgo1968 said:
It is a privately held company doing business with the government. If this was about parts being sold to the public it wouldn't be any more of a story than In 'n Out burger having Bible references on their wrappers and cups.
... and if the government has a problem with it, then they can renegotiate the next contracts to have different serial numbers. Trijicon has never tried to hide the fact that the verse references are on their optics. For years this has been a nonissue, until someone went out of their way to be offended by it. Someone, incidentally, if the one former Air Force lawyer is representative of them all, who has probably never carried a weapon in uniform and has nothing better to do than go around and find things to be offended by.

torgo1968 said:
That's just the thing. No one, religious or otherwise, should need to go out of their way to be offended. This doesn't belong on government equipment and Trijicon should be told to knock it off (and I suspect they will, this story is now hitting the news in several European countries).

I wonder how many of you would be fine with the phrase, "There is no God," engraved on rifle components.
If I were Trijicon, I'd tell the government to go bugger themselves. This is the product, the way we make them. If you don't like it, buy something else. Now, Trijicon won't say that, because their government contracts are huge.

As to the latter, I'd be fine with "There is no God" engraved on components of weapons I use or own. What matters for tools is that they work well and reliably. Trijicon optics do that, IMHO better than any of the other optical choices (I think red dot sights like the Army-standard Aimpoint M68 CCO wash out easily and lack precision and prefer the magnification and bullet drop compensator on the ACOG).

It would seem the height of politically correct horse manure to stop buying the best product available because some POG got offended at the serial number system on them.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
And I assume the lawyers are OK with "Infidel" printed on everything from dust covers to hats and Tshirts, knives, and assorted widgets?

·
Registered
420 Posts
... and if the government has a problem with it, then they can renegotiate the next contracts to have different serial numbers. Trijicon has never tried to hide the fact that the verse references are on their optics.
I'm not asking for punishment. Just not doing it on future gear.

For years this has been a nonissue, until someone went out of their way to be offended by it. Someone, incidentally, if the one former Air Force lawyer is representative of them all, who has probably never carried a weapon in uniform and has nothing better to do than go around and find things to be offended by.
It is 100% irrelevant who brought the complaint. And why do you keep saying "going out of the way" to be offended? I don't even know what that means. Do you think some militant atheist goes around examining government-purchased products on the off chance he finds something like this?

As to the latter, I'd be fine with "There is no God" engraved on components of weapons I use or own.
I'm an atheist and I'd be furious if government equipment said, "There is no God." It's disappointing to see disregard for the first amendment in a forum that so values the second.

It would seem the height of politically correct horse manure to stop buying the best product available because some POG got offended at the serial number system on them.
One man's "politically correct horse manure" is another man's "blatant violation of church/state separation". And this isn't an isolated issue. Proselytizing in the military is a real issue and a quote from one particular religion's holy book (what a coincidence, the same religion that is pushed on soldiers) on a soldier's equipment is one more thing to add to the pile.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
I posted comments on this topic in the other thread which was killed.

Again, briefly, when a contract is issued by the US Government it will always contain boilerplate language that binds the contractor to perform their duties in compliance with law, and with agency regulations, and to purchaser's specifications.

If Tricon accepted a military contract it should have adhered to whatever requirement the military purchasing authority placed-- including any prohibition against such inscriptions.

My dad used to manufacture clothing which was sold by places like Penny's and Learners. You better believe that if the buyer wanted pink buttons that is the way the merchandise would be manufactured. If the buyer didn't like the look of the label, you can bet the label got changed.

Tricon had a choice. Not complying with their contract terms (if that is what happened) wasn't one of them.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts