1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Very nice. Have you shot it yet?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just noticed that you are new. Welcome aboard!

I have heard the fit and finish on the NAA's is unreal for the price!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! It is a beautiful piece. My boys and I shot it yesterday. The gun is quite accurate but it requires practice on how to align front sight. I'm a runner who is tired of aggressive dogs whose owners choose not to keep them secured on their property. So this little .22LR will ride in my waist pack when I'm running in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
A small bottle of pepper spray would be a good idea too. Then you have a less than lethal means to teach the barking dogs a lesson when you can't reasonably claim imminent fear for your life.

...and I wouldn't trust a few .22lr to stop a dog set on attacking.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome! The NAA. 22 keeps coming up lately right as I've been thinking about getting one. I think I should take that as a sign...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I shot a 120lb Rottweiler with a Beretta 21A. He soaked up 6 rounds without even slowing down. The 7th was a contact shot that broke his neck, that stopped him. The first two rounds would most likely have been fatal, but all they did at the time was get his attention off of my 4 year old and on to me.

I'm not much of a fan of.22lr as a fight stopper since then.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I second the pepper spray idea. Not to say you shouldn't carry the .22, but I'd prefer it to be a last option.
Ditto. If a dog is that aggressive towards you I am not sure the .22 would be the best option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes it is small but would you really want to get into a gunfight and only have that? Not a chance. But maybe that is not what we are talking about.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Put some .22 tracers in it. A hot burning .22 might change a dogs mind. Good luck on your runs.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I shot a 120lb Rottweiler with a Beretta 21A. He soaked up 6 rounds without even slowing down. The 7th was a contact shot that broke his neck, that stopped him. The first two rounds would most likely have been fatal, but all they did at the time was get his attention off of my 4 year old and on to me.

I'm not much of a fan of.22lr as a fight stopper since then.
I've seen epic failures with 9mm on dogs as well! IME a .40 outshines a 9mm on vicious dogs and other large animals and seems to be more humane.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just got a sig p238 as my trail running gun. I'd hate to have to use it on four legged or two legged critters, but when push comes to shove, and I can't outrun them, it's nice to have daddy's lil helper. Mind you if I ever went deep into the woods, like bear or cougar country, I'd need something a little more persuasive. But, I prefer not to encroach too much on four legged critter territory anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I played with some of those chambered in 22 mag at a local gun show last weekend. Very small and I agree seemed to be very well made. The one that has a folding handle in 22 mag really caught my eye. True pocket pistols but I wonder what the effective distance for accurate shots would be?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I love my NAA. Is it the best choice? No, I'd rather have a battalion of Marines..but sometimes you do what you do.

Rambler, I'll never go jogging again but I do have the cousin of your 238, a Kimberly Micro Carry. Awesome little cannons that are more accurate than I am. I had a LCP that I carried but absolutely hated because it was so punishing...before you laugh I practice regularly with a Ruger LCR 357 carrying max load 158gr. That stupid LCP hurts, The mini-1911s are on the complete opposite side of the controllability scale.

Atonal, a guy has a NAA Guardian for sale locally but it's chambered in 32 NAA. Ammo is too expensive and handloading bottleneck cartridges that small would be a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
6,190 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

If you jog after dark, you might consider equipping the NAA with Night Vision:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the Forum!

If you jog after dark, you might consider equipping the NAA with Night Vision:

LOL! I do have a rig like that on my pepper spray but I'm thinking one of these for the NAA mini...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts