Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her is one that's being sold by Blackhawk and designed by Mike Janisch, famous for his Martial Blade Concepts. Before taking Martial Blade Defense classes I thought my big CKRT was deadly---this baby has a smaller ----http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Be-Wharned,1245,37.htm

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I think its "Mick dundee..."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Question

Does anyone know where to get a knife and a sheath that is something like that which Mick Dundee carried? A shoulder setup to hold the knife? Cheers.

B

·
0 Posts
Just go online put in the type of knife you want and plenty of examples will pop up. This is what I did to collect all of the "Rambo" series of knives.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm not totally convinced that the Warncliff blade shape is a very good one for defensive use.

Many other shapes are a better compromise between stabbing, slicing, strength, and maintainability.

The Warncliff does not compromise, it is an excellent stabber due to its acute point and excellent for edge maintenance due to its straight edge if a perfectly flat stone is used for sharpening. It's a very good slicer but not quite as good as a curved edge.

Where it falls flat is the acute point that is so good for stabbing is also very weak at the tip and prone to breaking. And the straight edge that is so easy to sharpen on a flat stone can also cause the point to round off if one is not very careful while sharpening.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That Cold Steel Rajah II Tactical Knife is one mean looking knife. I might look into that one. I really wanted a shoulder harness setup so the knife was in the middle of the back so I could draw with either hand. I haven't been able to find any yet..Cheers

B

·
0 Posts
That Cold Steel Rajah II Tactical Knife is one mean looking knife. I might look into that one. I really wanted a shoulder harness setup so the knife was in the middle of the back so I could draw with either hand. I haven't been able to find any yet..Cheers
Try going to a "Clothes -Tailor / or seamstress". Tell them you need a custom harness specially made for you. Just buy the material let them take your measurements and they can custom fit you. I know a Hatian guy who is trained in Self Defense with a Machete. He is a very big guy and has a hard time finding clothes that fit so he has everything tailor made including his custom harnesses that conceal them in the middle of his back. He uses the same Machete that was in the last Rambo movie.

B

·
0 Posts
Also

Try "Cutlery Shoppe" web site, they sell a harness called the Gryphon M - 10 for $50.:yup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts