Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned form the Sheriffs office, filled out the paper work and got finger printed. Everyone their was smiling friendly and very helpful. The lady doing the paper work said most of the permits are running 30 to 45 days. So now I wait.
Mike

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bud. A lady I work with just got hers back in 2 weeks. Hope I can be so lucky.
Mike

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
It's good to hear that some jurisdictions are quick in getting the permits out to the citizens.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Indeed, a coupla weeks sounds way better than 45 days :eek: Good tho anyways Mike to have friendly folks to deal with, that's a big plus.

Yet again tho it emphasizes the disparity between states and even counties - I must be incredibly lucky here - all done and dusted inside half hour - done deal (same for wife). :smilez:

Hope my renewal next year is as easy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1/2 hour? 45 days? I'm at 3 weeks in Kalifornia and running to my mailbox every day. I know.I know,,, patience.

"Anger Rising,RISING"
(Homer J. Simpson")

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
My friend up here just got the call for the interview. He waited 2 months already , and not sure how long before he gets a permit after the interview.

·
Registered
473 Posts
it took about 4 weeks for the wife and i to get ours.
longest 4 weeks of my life. i know that time can't stand still, but it sure seemed like it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Waiting Sucks. I feel like a child at Christmas already. I want my present now.
Mike

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm with you man. Happy waiting.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sucks you have to wait that long. With everything I hear about states making opeople wait so long, I have to thank my lucky stars for moving to NH a few years ago. Took myself and my wife all of 5 days to get ours. No fingerprints, no training certificates, no interviews, no BS.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'll take 30-45 days...

Been waiting the last 7 months here in Upstate NY. I guess that's what I get for living in a non-gun friendly state. During your wait might want to pick your gun, holster and belt. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Been waiting the last 7 months here in Upstate NY
Jim - that's just attrocious :frown: Come South a bit and West - move to PA!

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
It took a year and change from the time I applied for and finally received a possession license in PR many years back....mind you I already had a target license (which itself took seven months to get.)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Attrocious...

Yeah I know. This wait has been so long...I've bought about 9 different holsters for 3 different guns I probably won't even buy by the time my CCW permit comes. This is getting expensive :frown:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
slimjim said:
...I've bought about 9 different holsters for 3 different guns I probably won't even buy by the time my CCW permit comes.
:rofl: Can't have too many holsters...:hand10:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gun and holster have been with me for a while just waiting for the day.
Mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
Applied 19 days ago. Virginia law requires them to grant the CCW within 45 days or give you temp CCW. Anyone from Caroline County, Virginia? Just wondering about the wait. My overall experience with the application process was great. Very professional....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts