Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
NOODNICK ??? Anyway,her statement ref the military tells it all. She is as "fake" a person as is her 'ol man. I really wish that all the klintons would just fade away. BTW,what ever happened to their offspring? -----

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Pahhh - photo opportunities - always a good chance to be deceitful and play the "I love everyone'' card!

Self aggrandizing *&^@ - but she did not reckon with a bit of ''code'' in that pic :18: Love it - had seen it a while ago but this one bears showing over and over!

If anyone wants just the pic instead of the PDF - here it is.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
could she look any goofier, I shiver every time I think of her as president

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Now that's good

·
Super Moderator
23,594 Posts
I NEVER saw the flight crew of Airforce One salute President Clinton on TV. Is this an "Urban Myth", or is the salute to the President not "required" by military protocol?

Personally, they make me ROFTU (Roll on Floor Throwing U...you guys get it.....)

Thoughts?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Actually, the POTUS is a civilian, so no salute is required. Reagan asked if the Honor Guard minded and they said no. He started doing it as a sign of respect.
Customs and courtesy in the military requires the junior to salute the senior, so when RR did the salute first he was honoring the troops.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
This says it all.

·
Super Moderator
23,594 Posts
dpesec said:
Actually, the POTUS is a civilian, so no salute is required. Reagan asked if the Honor Guard minded and they said no. He started doing it as a sign of respect.
Customs and courtesy in the military requires the junior to salute the senior, so when RR did the salute first he was honoring the troops.
Excellent explanation. I always wondered about that. Thank you!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm not so sure about this. . .

The President is also the Commander in Chief of the armed forces. When Nixon was driven down the docks at the D&S piers in Norfolk, VA, back in '70 (or so,) I seem to recall "Attention to port, hand salute!" being passed over the ships 1MC.

mm

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The prez is due a salute by anyone in the American armed forces. The vice prez,congressmen,and senators are not, but most of the time are saluted outta respect.

I had the pleasure of saluteing Mr. Bob Hope many years ago. Not cuz I had to either. Most salutes go to the uniform or the title. This one went to the man. -----

1 - 17 of 17 Posts