Defensive Carry banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
The claimed author, Greg Hunter, appears simply an outspoken talking head. But I suspect he’s not speaking his own mind here. This “opinion piece”, with its carefully curated linked pieces, is orchestrated by an invisible hand opposing 2A. Nothing balanced in the presentation, all one-sided opinión.

He admits he had articulated justification to carry. Too bad he doesn’t also admit his concealment failure is an aberration, unless it wasn’t - he liked the machismo of carrying, until he didn’t. Two years ago I owned 9 or 10 times the editorial page of a small organization (16,000 members) and didn’t once outline why I value EDC. It wasn’t truly my bully pulpit, so wasn’t my place to put this out there. Perhaps I was remiss though in not asking my friends and customers if I had wronged them with my concealed carry because I “force everyone else around me to have to think about it“. What baloney!

His article is Valueless to me except to provide perspective on another form of opposition. And his article informs me against reading his drivel again.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I was at Walmart here in town and picked up on some Ammo..The case was FULL!.. Always Carry,Never Tell!.
I was at Walmart yesterday. Ammo case was being restocked after a run on ammo last week.
Talking to the clerk, the distribution centers are pushing the ammo out ASAP and the 'offending calibers' will not be restocked once it's gone.
Saw 3 customers open carrying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
I may not need a seat belt, emergency lighting, spare tire, alarm system, locked doors, bottled water, or fire extinguisher on any given day, but it doesn't mean I don't use them or have them ready should the need arise. The fact the author of the opinion piece clearly has a skewed view when it comes to gun rights and self defense doesn't mean I choose to follow his lead. Nor would I expect anyone else on THIS forum to follow suit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wish people like this could just leave me/us the heck alone. I don't judge or have any say in how having a permit and a gun in a safe and never using them again makes this person feel better. Why in the world do you hope " my fellow Americans would come to the same conclusion. " Why is it your concern? Do you care that I drink Dr.Pepper instead of Pepsi? The TV channels I watch? I of course know what this is really about it just makes me frustrated. YOU DO YOU.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Like my wallet, eyeglasses and cell phone, I never leave home without it.

I get more of a stomach drop feeling in my gut from forgetting my pistol than I do my wallet these days.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
I learned that most people I encountered actually didn’t feel better knowing that I had a gun.
I dont know why people seem to think anyone cares whether other people approve of their decision to carry. When I put my gun on my hip, Ive never once thought "I wonder if the lady at walmart would approve of me protecting my family in this manner".

Im going to guess this guy shot a gun for the first time shortly before writing this article.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Yep, he bases his beliefs (allegedly) on one agent's opinion and then uses faulty logic to sustain it. I also think that if MS 13 was threatening me I'd want more gun than a .380 !

Reactions: ep1953 and OD*

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The author is Gregory T. Hunter, an Arlington, VA attorney whose Twitter signature says "Obstructing justice in Northern Virginia." He is a radical left wing pundit, rabidly anti-Trump and anti-McConnell. The story he told seems to be true. He represented Brenda Paz, a former MS-13 member who turned informant, but was assassinated before she could testify. Then for some reason, he became a witness in the trial against MS-13, although the ins and outs of that puzzle me.

He is trying to sound like a "reasonable gun owner" here, but he is an extreme alt-lefty.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The author is Gregory T. Hunter, an Arlington, VA attorney whose Twitter signature says "Obstructing justice in Northern Virginia." He is a radical left wing pundit, rabidly anti-Trump and anti-McConnell. The story he told seems to be true. He represented Brenda Paz, a former MS-13 member who turned informant, but was assassinated before she could testify. Then for some reason, he became a witness in the trial against MS-13, although the ins and outs of that puzzle me.

He is trying to sound like a "reasonable gun owner" here, but he is an extreme alt-lefty.
Sounds to me like he began this saga extremely alt-lefty but after his client he was defending in court was assassinated, he saw fit to defend himself against MS-13.

Takes a long time to unlearn old falsehoods!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Sounds to me like he began this saga extremely alt-lefty but after his client he was defending in court was assassinated, he saw fit to defend himself against MS-13.

Takes a long time to unlearn old falsehoods!
He's still an alt-lefty. His FB page makes that pretty clear. He didn't change his stripes just because he bought a gun and carried it for a while. Some people on the left are OK with having defensive guns. They just don't want everyone else to have them. Bill Mahr is a celebrity example. He is for gun control, as long as no one takes his guns!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts