Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story here: http://m.npr.org/news/front/176064154

On a national level, "gun control, Inc." is discovering its own "slippery slope."

Dems are reluctant to back the laws being proposed, especially those seeking re-election.

All fairly good news, but don't back off, now, or ever.

Additionally, it was noted that NRA was not budging, this time... They might yet get a membership fee from me.

My line in the sand is behind me... I will retreat no further...

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Anti gun dems or repubs fear a house cleaning like before. This time more are paying attention to whos voting for what and there is a louder and more public resistance even by state legislatures. I hope they drug all this up and get it stuffed back down their throat without anything getting passed.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I heard this mentioned at the end of an Obummer in CO report. They said it really fast like they wanted you to not hear it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Feds may be backing off on gun control, but we all need to keep an eye on the various state governments. With New York, Colorado, and now Connecticut leading the way, the Feds may back off and see how individual states do with gun control. Obama still has a lot of time left in office. The Federal issue may come up again later if the states make some progress on gun control.

We need to stay strong and not give an inch.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the feds may be backing off on gun control, but we all need to keep an eye on the various state governments. With new york, colorado, and now connecticut leading the way, the feds may back off and see how individual states do with gun control. Obama still has a lot of time left in office. The federal issue may come up again later if the states make some progress on gun control.

We need to stay strong and not give an inch.
abso freaking lutely!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I'll be convinced the Feds have backed off, and acutally support our 2A rights when my 3 CCW permits are recognized in all 50 states, NYC, Wash D.C. and Chit-ago.

And then, I will only need one.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If it's true, it's still not lasting. Most likely it's a rope-a-dope technique to bide their time for another round.

Especially if we experience another tragedy in the near future.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it's true, it's still not lasting. Most likely it's a rope-a-dope technique to bide their time for another round.

Especially if we experience another tragedy in the near future.
I fervently pray for no more tragedies, until reasonable 2A supporters are elected. Then, I hope we see an elimination of restrictions and GFZs...

Might as well pray for a miracle, and settle for something a little less.

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
Reactions: SmokinFool

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
We were on the way to reciprocity, $5 suppressor transfers, turmoil over Fast and Furious, and CCW Permits in ILLinois, then overnight it was gone. Our opponents aren't going away or giving up. I don't believe in CIA brain rays but if it came out that some Manchurian Candidate was put up to it by some agency I wouldn't be too surprised.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Things will not start to back off until Jan 20th, 2017.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Things will not start to back off until Jan 20th, 2017.
You mean when Hilary is inaugurated? Perhaps John Kerry?

I just scared myself....

I hope you're right supt, I hope you're right.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Now would be a great time for the NRA, GOA, 2nd amendment foundation etc and all of us by writing and urging our pro gun reps to start a concerted drive to REPEAL everything we can that is already on the books.

The rope a dope comparison really is a good one but it applies more to us than them. They attack, we get on the ropes and cover up until they wear themselves out. We take lumps but we dont get knocked out.

But instead of then coming off the ropes and punching back we wait until they go sit in their corner and rest or get another fighter to take the old ones place.:blink: We should hit back this time when they run out of steam.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
They aren't backing off. They will try to push through as much of this nonsense as they can. If that effort fails then they will put their efforts into getting the states to do the work for them. And this is a long term project for them. They will patiently wait until another situation occurs that will provide the perfect opportunity to do this all over again. It will never end. That means we can never end our efforts either. I have reconciled myself to the fact that I will have to spend the rest of my life fighting this stuff off. And when I am no longer able to do so, my son will have already stepped into my place. We need to make sure we are raising a new generation of people who are willing to fight for their rights, just as we are doing now.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
PRESSURE, is a keyword for us right now and let's make sure we continue to use plenty of it on our politicians. As 2014 approaches we need to add our INVOLVMENT as a tactic, by getting directly involved in someone's campaign, that you can support, and help them get reflected. We have to do more than just vote, we need to donate some money or volunteer time to this effort.

Complacency is our enemy too, we have to outwork the competition.

I think one of the most remarkable 2A things we can do in our lifetime is make a "2A Revolution" out of the 2014 elections.

Don't sit back and watch it happen, go to the trenches and MAKE it happen.

You know we actively post here about how we want to be able to defend ourselves, family and home from BGs. A different form of BGs are here now ( the gun grabbers), they are essentially representing the actual BGs who would come to your house and do the dirty work. Let's aggressively defend against them too.

I AIN'T QUITTIN.....AND I AIN'T FORGETTING.

·
Registered
348 Posts
PPKHeat is absolutely right. PRESSURE and INVOLVMENT is the key to success against these assaults on the Constitution and specific to 2A (if they got 2A, other amendments would quickly fall). I don't wish anyone ill - I just want those that attempt to attack and subvert the Constitution unelected.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts