1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good interview & discussion with Keene.

NRA’s Keene: Democrats Shocked by Support for Second Amendment

Thursday, 14 Mar 2013 12:42 PM, By Cyrus Afzali and Kathleen Walter

National Rifle Association President David Keene believes President Barack Obama and other Democrats who want to expand gun control have been shocked by the outpouring of support for the Second Amendment.

Speaking to Newsmax TV at CPAC 2013, Keene said former President Bill Clinton was right when he warned Obama around Christmas last year to tread carefully as he considered expanding gun restrictions.

See More: NRA?s Keene: Democrats Shocked by Support for Second Amendment

Reactions: SmokinFool

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Good info.

American's are uneasy about our "world and country", and one of our very own core "rights" are threatened, along with the risks to our economy and safety from crime and terrorism? Well duuuhhhhh, I'd like to feel safe in my own home, I don't want to rely on nannyism.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Yup.

It's said that it's often best to let sleeping dogs lay where they are.

It's all the more true that one shouldn't laugh at live dragons.

We are citizens, and we know it. Millions, though, are now waking up to the reality of it. These liberty-hating tyrants work for us. They're our staffers, our hirelings. Not our jailers.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
41,577 Posts
Voters should remember to: Be careful what you wish for; you may get it. They didn't, and now they have.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
The last 5 posts take an optimistic view of the American voter. It's partly backlash, but voters are angry and willing to cut their nose to spite their face. They're fine with voting for someone that they know is a liar and raper of the Constitution, although the current administration hasn't affected support for 2A, the NRA, or the gun industry except in a positive way.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Good interview & discussion with Keene.

NRA’s Keene: Democrats Shocked by Support for Second Amendment

Thursday, 14 Mar 2013 12:42 PM, By Cyrus Afzali and Kathleen Walter

National Rifle Association President David Keene believes President Barack Obama and other Democrats who want to expand gun control have been shocked by the outpouring of support for the Second Amendment.

Speaking to Newsmax TV at CPAC 2013, Keene said former President Bill Clinton was right when he warned Obama around Christmas last year to tread carefully as he considered expanding gun restrictions.

See More: NRA?s Keene: Democrats Shocked by Support for Second Amendment
Yep, it's true. I believe they were completely taken by surprise by the groundswell of opposition to their "common sense" proposals, and support for the 2A. We are having an effect. However they are counting on their estimation that we will run out of steam. That we will be, to quote Shakespear, "A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more." We must not be that poor player! We need to keep up the pressure. We can't afford to let up, not for a single moment. Never give up! Never surrender! (To quote an old Tim Allen movie).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yup.

It's said that it's often best to let sleeping dogs lay where they are.

It's all the more true that one shouldn't laugh at live dragons.

We are citizens, and we know it. Millions, though, are now waking up to the reality of it. These liberty-hating tyrants work for us. They're our staffers, our hirelings. Not our jailers.
Sometimes we forget the above and sleep too long.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think Obama knew at least in part what would happen. That's why he waited until after getting reelected. He may be evil and incompetent as a leader, but he is not stupid.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
The last 5 posts take an optimistic view of the American voter. It's partly backlash, but voters are angry and willing to cut their nose to spite their face. They're fine with voting for someone that they know is a liar and raper of the Constitution, although the current administration hasn't affected support for 2A, the NRA, or the gun industry except in a positive way.
More and more are realizing how feces-laden that end of the stick really is.

As for claims that the current administration has had strictly a positive effect on the 2A or gun industry ... well, I suppose one could argue that liberty-hating attempts at eviscerating the Constitution's protections could be construed as having positive effects, if only in terms of NRA membership counts, sales volumes of firearms and related gear, and waking up industry folks and citizens alike. I suppose one could even point to the wondrous little gem that was signed a couple years ago regarding opening up the national parks to carry of firearms. All of it's sort of a back-handed gift to the People, in a way. Smack! here you go; thank you for playing.

Hopefully they'll keep on flubbing. Bummer that it has to be expense of direct threat to our Constitution and its protections of our civil liberties.

But hopefully we'll get one more juicy little reminder of how worthwhile their hateful, anti-American, anti-constitution attacks have been: recalling or electing out a high percentage of the liars, cheaters and thieves we've hired to do this dirty work. Maybe this extraordinary backlash will also end up ultimately rewriting the 2A's legacy, by going after and gutting the patchwork of horrible anti-gun legislation that's been connived on the People over the years. Not likely, anytime soon, but IMO the sooner we can get to the point of dramatically strengthening the 2A and its protections, the better off we'll all be.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
....Hopefully they'll keep on flubbing. Bummer that it has to be expense of direct threat of our Constitution and its protections of our civil liberties.

But hopefully we'll get one more juicy little reminder of how worthwhile their hateful, anti-American, anti-constitution attacks have been: recalling or electing out a high percentage of the liars, cheaters and thieves we've hired to do this dirty work. Maybe this extraordinary backlash will also end up ultimately rewriting the 2A's legacy, by going after and gutting the patchwork of horrible anti-gun legislation that's been connived on the People over the years. Not likely, anytime soon, but IMO the sooner we can get to the point of dramatically strengthening the 2A and its protections, the better off we'll all be.
Yes, ccw9mm, that's what the Constitution is for - a thing to be ever tested by tyrants as it defends our liberties from tyrants. You get what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
612 Posts
More and more are realizing how feces-laden that end of the stick really is.

As for claims that the current administration has had strictly a positive effect on the 2A or gun industry ... well, I suppose one could argue that liberty-hating attempts at eviscerating the Constitution's protections could be construed as having positive effects, if only in terms of NRA membership counts, sales volumes of firearms and related gear, and waking up industry folks and citizens alike. I suppose one could even point to the wondrous little gem that was signed a couple years ago regarding opening up the national parks to carry of firearms. All of it's sort of a back-handed gift to the People, in a way. Smack! here you go; thank you for playing.

Hopefully they'll keep on flubbing. Bummer that it has to be expense of direct threat to our Constitution and its protections of our civil liberties.

I am all for voting out those that has turned their backs on the Constitution. But I also think we need to be vigilent in voting in those with the real values that support our values. Some of the Republicans have gone off the deep-end and really are not holding true to the people, but rather the special interests groups and themselves. So lets not get rid of one problem only to have another.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I am all for voting out those that has turned their backs on the Constitution. But I also think we need to be vigilent in voting in those with the real values that support our values.
We need to find a way to put some real, extreme teeth into the swearing of the oath of office and the violation of it, with some extremely stiff criminal and civil penalties for direct violation of it, and most particularly for crimes against the Constitution. Trouble is, for that to occur, it's got to get into law and SCOTUS has got to be kept from eviscerating that. Time to put some brass back into our hiring and firing process. This pansy-pink approach ain't working out too well, the past 50 years and more.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I do not believe the Democrats are as shocked as one would believe. They have recently been doing damage to the 2nd amendment in various states. Mr. Keene spoke of national gun registration which we all oppose. However there already is a pseudo gun registration of sorts in America.

From the ATF website:
Licensees(gun dealer/or holding a Federal Firearm License) are required to respond immediately to ATF firearms trace requests. Reports of multiple sales of two or more handguns sold at one time or during any five consecutive business days are also required to be submitted to ATF. Licensees who discontinue business must deliver their records to ATF.

These requirements enable ATF to carry out one of the principal purposes of the GCA(Gun Control Act)—to assist State, local, and foreign law enforcement officials in tracing firearms used in crime.

The United States government does not maintain records of licensees’ firearms transactions, other than the previously mentioned out-of-business records, reports of multiple handgun sales, and records of firearms traces.
Licensees who discontinue business must deliver their records to ATF. Slowly but surely the ATF will have almost all the records of who owns what type of firearm(s).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts