Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to which organization folks here have opted to support. Personally, I contribute to (am a member of) both.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I am an NRA member and instructor, but have contributed to GOA. GOA is a more what I would call, "in your face" type of organization, which is fine with me. The NRA has many national programs to get kids and women involved in the shooting sports. Both are good organiztions to support.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I'm a Patron Member of the NRA and a Life Member of GOA.

I also support other RTKBA groups.

-Scott-

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
NRA Life member. I'm also a member of the Texas State Rifle Association.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
NRA
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
Colorado State Shooters Assn.

A pretty good balance of representation here...even though the NRA is the 600 lb. gorilla, they sometimes seem a bit timid about confronting the grabbers...RMGO is never timid about it :image035:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm NRA, and I've also supported CCRKBA. I'm getting tired of receiving the exact same surveys in the mail every other week from CCRKBA.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
NRA and USCCA.

·
Registered
742 Posts
GOA is a good organization, but lacks name recognition. The only name you see in the news is NRA.

NRA life member.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Life member of the NRA, member of GOA, RKBA, amd SAF.

·
Banned
81 Posts
I dropped my NRA membership after they compromised on the Assault weapons ban. The whole arguement the government was using about "Sporting Purposes", banning magazines over 10 rounds and don't even get me started on thumbhole stocks. The NRA backed down and we had a decade of these stupid rules. It should never have happened. I always got the feeling that the NRA worried more about hunters and their Sporting Purposes than standing up for those of us who own Militia weapons as the Second Admendment was meant to protect. When they backed down to Brady it was the final straw for me and I tore up my NRA card.
I had a membership to GOA for several years. They may not have the name recognition of the NRA but they never faltered in their support of those of us with evil black rifles. I let my GOA membership lapse a few years ago.
I don't currently belong to any gun rights group.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am a member of the NRA, GOA and TSRA and I give to all three.

Jungle Work

·
Super Moderator
25,540 Posts
NRA Life Member
NMLRA (National Muzzle Loader Rifle Association) Member

1 - 20 of 21 Posts