Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available here in March in Bedford county. I am going to take it, question is, my wife, who is new to firearms, is also interested. Would this class be good for a complete beginner?

Thanks-

:comeandgetsome:

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
Short answer, Yes.

I helped teach a class here in Maryland, and my wife was in it. She enjoyed it, and now wants to shoot more. We had all our students fire both .38 and 9mm, unless they had their own weapon and ammo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks! Will have own weapons and ammo. I see it is a 10 hour class? Is it 1 day, or 2?

Thanks again-

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Rick - you found a course then?

It is a 2 day (well we do anyways) - ideal for those starting off and even good too for shooters who have done little and want to refresh things. Some of our attendees now and again are even pre buying their own gun.

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
Kel-Tec2006 said:
Cool, thanks! Will have own weapons and ammo. I see it is a 10 hour class? Is it 1 day, or 2?

Thanks again-
Whether you can use your own weapons will be up to your instructor, check with him.

We did a 2 day, the first day is about 8 hours of class. The second day was at the range. Each student fired two automatics and two revolvers. The autos were 9mm, and the wheel guns were .38.

For some reason I still can't figure out, my wife liked the wheel gun with the 6" barrel the best. :confused:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Whatever you do, don't let her take the class along with you; it'll be very embarresing when she easily outshoots you. At least that has been my experience teaching husband/wife teams.:biggrin2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
grnzbra said:
Whatever you do, don't let her take the class along with you; it'll be very embarresing when she easily outshoots you. At least that has been my experience teaching husband/wife teams.:biggrin2:
You know something - you are exactly right!!! Most men come in with "I know how to shoot, have my own style, won't really learn much, but I have to take this for my permit or whatever reason" and the women are very open, want to learn, listen, understand, and apply the lessons - then all they do is go out and hit the target where they're supposed to!!! The husbands/boyfriends then try extra hard with bad technique, get nervous, and start flinching, pulling, whatever and end up with bad groups. It really is an amazing phenomenon to observe!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If she can out shoot me, I have absolutely no problems with that. She is my backup...

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
My wife can't outshoot me (yet)! But probably will some day.

She used to watch me play computer games, ask me to show her what was supposed to be done, then whip my butt!! :haha:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts