Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's a nice paycheck .

National Rifle Association chief executive Wayne LaPierre, who pushed past scattered calls for his resignation earlier this year amid allegations of misspending, received a 57 percent pay raise in 2018 that boosted his overall compensation to $2.15 million, according to the nonprofit group’s latest tax filings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/nra-chief-wayne-lapierre-received-a-57-percent-pay-raise-in-2018-tax-filings-show/2019/11/15/dba9ef54-07cf-11ea-b388-434b5c1d7dd8_story.html?outputType=amp

Reactions: Old Man

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
If they need my donation that bad like they say, they can deduct it from his paycheck.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I upped to a life membership early this year, but after all of the bad news coming out of the BOD I now don't donate anything like I did in the past through the Brownells and Midway programs where you round up your purchase as a donation to the NRA. I did join GOA this year.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I was just offered a Golden Eagle award from the NRA.
I get the opportunity to spend $250 a year dues to be recognized for all the grass roots work I have done.

Isn't that special?

Sent the same reply as I sent last summer when they were threatening bankruptcy if I didn't contribute to the coffers ASAP.

NO MONEY until there is an audit with results open to the voting membership and appropriate action taken where unethical or criminal acts are found.
There was more, but you get the idea.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
The NRA sent me a plastic membership card n the mail the other day suggesting all I had to do was fill in theory and pay the dues and I would be a member of the NRA. I mailed it back to them with a note saying: Never will happen while WP leads."

Reactions: OldChap

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
To Late I am a life member.
As am I. However I have not fallen victim to their newer scams of Grand-Pobah Life Member offers. Until WLP goes they get nothing from me, ever.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Reactions: airslot and OD*

·
Super Moderator
16,189 Posts
As the sage says....CHICKENFEED! Look at this shyster:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/al-sharpton-gets-1m-in-pay-from-his-own-charity

Where else on earth can one be paid so much for doing so little?
And yet the Teflon Rev owes millions in back taxes, if it were any of us we would be rotting in prison. Yes the article is from 2014 but I have never heard of him paying his debt to the American taxpayers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/11/19/lessons-from-rev-al-sharptons-4-5-million-tax-bill/#50011b26cb0a

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Wayne LaPierre received a 57 percent pay raise in 2018

Which begs the question; "Is the NRA 57% better than it was in 2017?"

I dumped my NRA membership years ago.

No regrets.

·
Registered
488 Posts
At this point I would bet you that Bloomberg paid off the NRA leadership to create bad publicity and drive NRA into the ground.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts