Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salute all
I was planning on attending the NRA convention next year since it will be in Carolina my question is can you carry concealed and recommendations on what to do and see from those who have attended before?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
What do you see at the convention............everything.

I attended the convention in Phoenix this year and it blew me away. My avatar is a picture of me with R. Lee Ermey while there. He is the Glock spokesman and did not like the HK I had on my hip. Most of the major manufacturers from Accu-fire to Yamaha, and everything in between are there. Check the site below for a list. Allow lots of time.

We've already booked for Charlotte next year. If you need a hotel, book one NOW. When 65,000 people invade a city, rooms tend to disappear in a hurry.

The NRA can help you with this. Just log onto 139th NRA ANNUAL MEETINGS & EXH and you can book your room there, or by phone. I tried to book directly with a hotel and they directed me to the NRA as they have a block of rooms booked. They are very helpful and we're staying at the Hampton Uptown, a nine minute walk to the convention centre. We've also booked a car and flights. I also encourage you to sign up for and and all events you are interested as far in advance as you can. Lots of stuff was full by the time I tried.

If we do like last time, there'll be a DC.com meet'n greet at Rocky's booth (Pure Kustom).

As far as carrying goes........I carried in Phoenix and I intend to carry concealed in Charlotte, except where prohibited (Yes I'm Canadian).

As far as what to see in Charlotte, well that's your turf. We've never been there.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks booking now!! R Lee would be worth the trip alone..lol

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
We've already booked for Charlotte next year. If you need a hotel, book one NOW. When 65,000 people invade a city, rooms tend to disappear in a hurry.
There's also a NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway the same weekend!!!

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
There's also a NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway the same weekend!!!
It's gonna be a hell of a weekend!!

I can just smell the testosterone in the air!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
To GB: How many days do you need to see everything.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
To GB: How many days do you need to see everything.
Just to see the exhibits is two days. Then there's all the dinners and speeches and breakfasts etc. I'm going to take a much better look at the schedule in advance this time so we don't miss anything.

We're actually booked for a full week. No point in travelling all that far and not having a look around while we're there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts