Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is already posted, but I didn't see it.

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=261

They're calling for calls/emails, etc. to our elected representatives.

Don’t let Congress pass anti-gun measures in wake of recent tragedy!
Your Action is Needed NOW! NRA has just learned that Senators Schumer, Feinstein and other anti-gun elected officials are going to offer several anti-gun bills and amendments this week in the U.S. Congress, possibly as soon as today!
If you haven't already contacted your rep/ senators, now's the time.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Done! thanks

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Thanks as well.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Done.

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
Not wasting my time to contact Senators Cardin and Mikulski or Congressman Hoyer. The perfect trifecta, right? I might as well call Mikey Bloomturd and ask him to donate AR-15s to the NRA youth programs.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
According to an article at The Seattle Times on 6/16/2016:

... (Christopher Murphy, D-CT) claimed victory shortly before 2 a.m. Thursday when he announced an agreement between McConnell and the Democratic leader, Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada, to hold votes on two gun-control amendments.

“It is our understanding that the Republican leader and the Democratic leader have spoken and that we have been given a commitment on a path forward to get votes on the floor of the Senate,” Murphy said as he prepared to finally wrap up.

“Now we still have to get from here to there,” he added. “But we did not have that commitment when we started today. And we have that understanding at the end of the day.”

But while Murphy made a long and often eloquent case for tightening the nation’s gun laws, Democrats almost certainly would have gotten their votes, anyway – without the more than 15 hours of speeches by him and by at least 40 other senators who helped sustain his effort by asking him to yield time for questions.

Indeed, versions of the two amendments favored by the Democrats – one aimed at preventing individuals who have appeared on the government’s terrorism watch list from buying guns and the second aimed at expanding background checks – received votes in the Senate in December after the terrorist shooting in San Bernardino, California. Each failed.

Not all that different from the December situation, post-San Bernardino. Check the waters, allow such bills to reach the floor, then hopefully hammer them into oblivion when they don't get votes sufficient to succeed.

On PopVox, here is some current, pending anti-firearms legislation in the U.S. Congress:

Unknown if these bills are any of the ones these liberty-busters are going to choose to bring to the floor out of committee.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Did the emails yesterday and even called my House of Reps office in DC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts