Defensive Carry banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Here's the problem with the NRA. They know what they need to do to fix all this, it would be doable, but they aren't doing it. That is what is damning. Just three things.
  1. They need to move their registration out of NY.
  2. WLP and a couple others need to retire.
  3. They need to slim down the board.
All three could probably be done in one fell swoop. Then they would be back in action. The fact that they have known that for years now and won't do it just boggles my mind. They are making themselves unfit for duty when gun owners need them most.
If this was a public company, board members would be sued left and right for being idiots and not removing the leadership. But if it was a public company, their board would be a functional one and not include unqualified celebrities.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
If this was a public company, board members would be sued left and right for being idiots and not removing the leadership. But if it was a public company, their board would be a functional one and not include unqualified celebrities.
I applaud your point, but I'll say that I've worked as a management consultant for a lot of big companies. Some of them have a lot of the same problems with bad boards. A lot of CEOs have gotten the boards loaded up with tokens and yes men, to where the shareholder oversight function of a board no longer works. And they have lawyers working full time to make the suits all but impossible. The only recourse for disgruntled shareholders is to sell, just like the only recourse for the members of a non-profit may be to pull out.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but there’s a good podcast out there called Gangster Capitalism which did a multi episode podcast on the NRA and their problems. Pretty enlightening - problems go deep.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts