Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres another bill in the NYS assembly to infringe on more of our rights.It's just a gun registration bill in disguise.:aargh4:

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A10090

Provides that persons who purchase ammunition at retail shall register
with the seller and a statewide data base shall be maintained

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
It's just a gun registration bill in disguise.
As so many of them are ultimately, designed to be!

If nothing else it should be known and noticed that $2 Billion is already the supposed cost of Canada's wonderful attempt at registration!!! So many better ways to spend money - like aim it at criminals and not the good guys.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Amen to that Chris!!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
This new
section requires that any individual buying ammunition at retail shall
be required to register information for a statewide data base at the
point of purchase. Section 399-yy defines what information is required
for registration. Registration will mandate the seller to include the
caliber, brand, and other vital ballistic information crucial for
police officers piecing together crime scenes.
Hitler would love this.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Some sate back East was keeping a data base of ammunition fired from all hand guns, I think just hand guns. Cost millions of dollars a year, and not one crime was solved. They have since dropped the stupid thing.

Just one more way of spending are tax money on some left wing pork barrel project. To make life more difficult on law abiding gun owners.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
G21 - that would I think be MD - rstickle can maybe agree or correct.

They spent it seems millions to ''fingerprint'' every gun - and yet AFAIK over the time frame of its operation only one (supposed) case was helped by it.

It is IMO a blatent anti gun brick wall. :frown:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
It's actually the case that they collect. Every firearm sold in the state of Maryland requires a fired shell casing to go on file with the state police. It is a "fingerprint" of your firing pin. Of course what criminal would possibly figure out how to defeat that system? Just another expense. Maryland also make you watch a mandatory "safety video" to buy a handgun.

Here in Missouri the sheriff registers all handguns and charges you $10 for the privaledge of having your handguns registered. Oops, did I say registered. :theyareontome: I meant you get a permit to acquire (PTA) which is filled out by the hand gun seller with such general info as make, model, caliber, barrel length, serial number oh yes and the intended use of said hand gun. :rant:

PTA's are only issued when the sheriff says they can be issued. You must go to the sheriff's office in the county you live in and the sheriff gets to set the hours they will accept applications. Then you can wait up to 7 days before you can pick up your permit. So that's two times you take off work if your sheriff doesn't like civilians having guns.

My sheriff is "gun friendly" and you can get your PTA in about 30 minutes or so. Of course it is 8-4 only when they accept applications. So it is still time off work.

Once these things are in place it is very difficult to remove them. I hope you folks in NY kill this bill.

-Scott-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts