Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,is Long Island technically NY city?I have a NY carry permit,but can't carry in NYC,and my cousin is getting married this summer and I was wondering if I need to go unarmed...

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
I know when I lived in the city, we never considered it part. But then we wouldn't have missed it if it floated away. Of course that's not a legal opinion! :biggrin2:

On the other side, the reason New Yorkers are always in such a fowl mood is that New Jersey is our light at the end of the tunnel!! :rofl:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Geographically speaking NYC is the 5 boroughs (Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, SI), LI not included. As far as the way the law is written I don't know. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried including as much as possible into the feel good measure of banning guns.:twak:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Tony - Eric Rohrbaugh lives on LI ,(he makes the R9.)

I can if you wish email him and get his take. I really forget right now what he does with carry himself.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
You could very well be right Bud - but seeing as I have never been there and never will or want to - I can't be quite sure!

They tell me the place is something to do with the US of A - well, so rumor has it!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Update,

It just so happens Eric Rohrbaugh called me this evening - we chatted about ShotShow etc but - I asked him about this carry.

He said that LI is part NYC but major part is NY. You would have to go thru NYC enroute but provided no stops, and gun locked, ammo separate - usual deal - then once you are on NY turf again you'll be OK.

He ain't no lawyer and nor am I but - he was pretty clear on it as described.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
LI is physically attached to NYC (borough of Queens), but is part of NYS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Carry Permit in NY, Gee I thought you had to be Barb Strisand to get a permit in NY, wait a min its her body gards who have permits.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks P95 and others....after my wife made me end my boycott of MA last week,NYC's boycott is probably going the same way:biggrin2:
I guess the issue will be if while we're down there we want to go into the city for shopping or a show,and then what to do with my CCW.I really don't want to leave it in a hotel.And I'm sure my cousin who is getting married has other things on his mind than looking after my gun......we still haven't decided IF we're even going,but at least now I know I CAN go packing...thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts