Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone..Have been searching, and searching coast-to-coast for a Sig P320 X Compact that’s NY compliant (model with 10 round clips). It’s actually model 320XC-9-BXR3-R2-10..

Was thinking could I just get the standard model 320XC-9-BXR3-R2 and ask the dealer to omit the 15 round clips, and would have to purchase the compliant 10 round ones?

Think I would be good to go then? Comments and feedback is appreciated...

Living In New York sucks!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
California has other requirements for compliance on various guns, so that may be a possibility in NY as well. For instance, some require a loaded chamber indicator to be in compliance. A reputable dealer would know for sure.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Ny is not as bad as CA pistol wise belive it or not lol ...As long as it does have a threaded barrel or over 10 round mags it should be fine for that type of sig ( some other stuff like over 50oz or outside mag well do not come into play)

Thing is I have found a lot of guns sales wont mess with NY as it is too much of a issue or though issues ..Or are wanting to take the over 10 rounds mags ..

I would find a FFL who can legally own over 10 round mags have them order the gun and there you go

Of course this is assuming your in NY state not NYC or towns like that as that is a whole other mess of fish

Reactions: NavCop and Rich_M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Thankfully I do not live in NYC.. Getting a CCW down there is rare as hens teeth...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi. Fellow NYer here. There are plenty of magazines around for that pistol. I have a SIG P250 compact which uses the same mags. Getting the P320 might just be a problem of finding an FFL who is wilingly to order it for you. The FFL is legally allowed to receive a pistol with >10 round mags keep the mags then transfer the pistol to you without them (he can sell to LEOs or online). Same thing with threaded barrels and ARs with detachable mags. An FFL can order and receive them and then resolve those issues before transferring them to you (pin and weld a muzzle attachment, permentantly fix the mag, etc.)
The problem is most FFLs here don't want the extra hassle.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Try Osage County Guns

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
IF I was limited to 10 rounds I would stay with a lw 1911 for carry and I have a both a kimber alloy framed stainless Ultra 9mm with 9 round mags for carry and 10 rounders for back up bt the mid size PRO models hole 10 rounds in 9mm and a lw colt commander in 45 with 8 round mags +1 in the chamber for carry and 10 round as back up . Sure not one of todays P320 and I have carried a p320c for 5 years and 7.5 months and have a same age full size but also may carry a 1911 or a m&p that we have .

I had a new same model P320XC your looking at a after 500 rounds I sold it . It was not as good a handgun is my older model with several concerns I did not care for but I did like the X series compact grip and order one for my old carry pistol .

Heck I would buy a M&P 2.0 Compact before a p320 today .

Last couple years theres been to many model changes and more than a few function chamber support fcu issues with the P320 models for me to chance again . If

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Second thoughts , You might try to find a P365xl with a 10 round mags . heck of a nice carry pistol , shoot well and has a slight longer barrel than the P320XC 3.7" to 3.6" and the XL offers a full grip for most hands . My wifes edc is a p365xl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts