Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY is discussing allowing the sale of 10 round mags again. Unfortunately, stupidity is still rampant there.

Instead, Cuomo says changes are being considered to allow the purchase of 10-bullet magazines. But the law would still prohibit more than seven bullets in magazines except at shooting ranges and in competitions.
NY considers changes in new gun control law - WSJ.com

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
By offering this change, Cuomo is at least admitting the impracticality of banning all but 7 round mags. I am curious, however, how they intend to enforce a law allowing only 7 rounds in a 10 round mag?

·
Registered
588 Posts
By offering this change, Cuomo is at least admitting the impracticality of banning all but 7 round mags. I am curious, however, how they intend to enforce a law allowing only 7 rounds in a 10 round mag?
Hopefully, the same way the Colorado Sheriffs said they would enforce their law.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It's easy. Everybody knows that 10 round magazines that are loaded to the hilt are evil. And we are taught from a very early age to keep an eye out for evil

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I was/am curious to see who the first manufacturer would be to start making 7 round limited mags. The next markets for limited mags other than Colorado is going to be Maryland, they have a 96 page gun control bill that is virtually guaranteed to pass and be signed.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I am curious, however, how they intend to enforce a law allowing only 7 rounds in a 10 round mag?
By stopping each and every person seen/suspected having a magazine or firearm, no doubt. If I were to guess, probably little different than AR15-shaped .22LR rifles in the hands of kids are "enforced."

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
The legal challenges to NY's draconian gun laws could not come soon enough.

·
Banned
192 Posts
People busts their butt,well most anyway,and they decide to spend their money on a firearm,and then it becomes useless,because of the N.Y. mag ban.People put 100's of dollars on a firearm,and can't use it,because there is no 7 rd mag,for what they bought.That was just dirty,doing that to people.They have a right to be pi---- off.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Cuomo is an idiot plain and simple. They have till 4/29/13 to prove this load of garbage safe act is constitutional or the injunction goes through in the courts.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It makes perfect sense to the New York liberals . . . you can carry your gun with 10 rounds in the 10 round magazine while target shooting or shooting competively, but must take out 3 rounds while carrying the same gun to defend your life.

Reactions: niks

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I was/am curious to see who the first manufacturer would be to start making 7 round limited mags. The next markets for limited mags other than Colorado is going to be Maryland, they have a 96 page gun control bill that is virtually guaranteed to pass and be signed.
Hopefully none of the manufacturers will make 7 round mags for what was designed as a higher cap firearm. If 7 round mags are available, then the gubmint will notice, and start mandating them.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Hopefully none of the manufacturers will make 7 round mags for what was designed as a higher cap firearm. If 7 round mags are available, then the gubmint will notice, and start mandating them.

I hope not also. The ignorant politicians ignore the reality that a well practiced user with a revolver (not at all addressed in the ban) can reload just about as fast as someone using a mag fed weapon.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Just a couple of thoughts. NY has had a 10 round mag limit for ages. If you currently have 10 round mags they are legal as long as you promise to only load 7. If you legally bought your gun in NYS you had a 10 round mag so there is no reason to have to get rid of it. Again promise to load only 7.

Perhaps NYS is trying to get the sale of "pocket pistols" , Kahrs, Nanos, and such increased as they have 6 or 7 round mags.

So in NY are you in more trouble filling a 10 round mag or having a 18 round mag?

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
The ignorant politicians in NY realize the pot is going to boil over, and they are trying to throw the wild dogs(loosely used term) a bone before the uprising ensues.

Every politician in this country is going to feel the wrath of the pro-gun voters come November.

They are all nervous as a hooker in a confessional right now.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
The ignorant politicians in NY realize the pot is going to boil over, and they are trying to throw the wild dogs(loosely used term) a bone before the uprising ensues.

Every politician in this country is going to feel the wrath of the pro-gun voters come November.

They are all nervous as a hooker in a confessional right now.
If only, but no they are not. Some politicians will have issues come next election, but they are VASTLY in the minority. Truth be told, most people simply don't care or the politicians concerned aren't in a controversial position on the issue.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So in NY are you in more trouble filling a 10 round mag or having a 18 round mag?
- Either way, you're in more trouble than a child molester.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts