1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
Despite the fact some states have had concealed carry for over 30 years suddenly it will be dangerous to expand it nationwide. Just the same as there will be shootouts over parking spaces, there will be blood running down the streets and many other terrifying scenarios that never materialized.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
OMG say it ain't so??? The L.A. Times and the NY Times agree? Well then shoot, they must be right. Afterall they serve a market of millions. Besides, facts are facts. Just look how much lower the homicide rates are in the big cities with all those gun limitations are than out here in the west where everyone seems to have a gun or 2. :confused:

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Legally I'm not sure that a national CCW deal would be good for gun owners. The Fed govt doesn't really have any business with that IMO. Best left to the states.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
"The extremely powerful but highly irresponsible National Rifle Assn. Reasonable minds in Congress need to head this off before the NRA and its legislative acolytes make American even more dangerous by undercutting reasonable gun controls." What a bunch of muppets.....

Over 700 murders in Chicago....the Chicago police dept says over 98% of the guns were illegal to begin with...wonder how the LAT MISSED that? Now California laws prevent the use of a personal firearm in self-defense by making it impossible to carry one, once outside your house
Public safety is impaired, not improved, in this fashion. There is no data displaying a decrease in public safety due to open carry or concealed carry being legal and reasonably possible. All you have to do is look at the locations with very strict gun laws, and notice the level of violence present there. Restrictive law on carrying a firearm does not produce public safety.

It is really funny to watch these little California girls kick, stomp and cry because they are so scared now.
5 arguments against gun control ? and why they are all wrong - LA Times

·
Registered
844 Posts
Other than having an agenda, another thing that removes all credibility is that all research is done by anti-gun groups. Such research is almost alway biased. This is just more propaganda.

·
Super Moderator
24,630 Posts
I am glad that California and New York have little to no crime with their strict gun laws. I can sleep much better at night.
I'm sure you'll sleep better when Chicago joins the fray. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
This is the same media that thought it would be a war zone in Tx when OC was passed.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Legally I'm not sure that a national CCW deal would be good for gun owners. The Fed govt doesn't really have any business with that IMO. Best left to the states.
If it were treated like any other right, such as that of speech or worship when in another state, that I would be in favor of it. But the last thing I want is for the federal government issuing national carry permits. Just treat this like commerce between the states and let it go at that.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
The only invovlement I want with carry rights at the federal level is a SCOTUS ruling that you have the right to carry, and a permit can not be required, and that a state can not prevent you from carrying just because you are from out of state. Other than that. Giving the federal government control over any of these laws may seem good now, but could easily backfire in 4 years.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
If it were treated like any other right, such as that of speech or worship when in another state, that I would be in favor of it. But the last thing I want is for the federal government issuing national carry permits. Just treat this like commerce between the states and let it go at that.
Let's face the fact that firearms aren't going to be treated like other rights because criminals, terrorists, the mentality ill, etc can't kill anyone with speech or religion. I also think it's naive to believe that the Feds will NOT end up with there hands in the cookie jar.

How do you suppose they can use the commerce law to force State into National Reciprocity? I

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
Well, have you seen the assaults of Free Speech of late? I agree about ICC treatment .

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Super Moderator
19,872 Posts
And Why would Anyone read/be interested in what these libtard Rags think??. They are Nothing but Pond Scum in my book.
Why? To keep aware of what the "other side" is thinking. I love reading what "our" side thinks, but if the only information I get is from like-minded people, I'm losing awareness of what the opposition is thinking and doing. I know it's annoying and sometimes painful, but I need the full spectrum of opinions.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Okay, here's the deal. I'll vote for trading Los Angeles (straight-up, no boot) for Calgary, Alberta. New York? I'll swap it for Wellington, New Zealand and I'll (happily) throw-in the United Nations Headquarters to...sweeten the pot! And both cities can take ALL their liberal, leftist clap-trap...WITH them. :yup:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts