Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today from (AP)

The city is suing 15 out-of -state gun shops it says supply a significant portion of the guns that flow into New York, including some that end up in the hands of criminals.
The lawsuit being filed Monday asks the federal court to order supervision and extra training for the dealers in Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia.
It also seeks some damages and compensation.

:aargh4: :aargh4:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
:banghead: :banghead:

Hard to say anything that is acceptable in print on this board. :frown:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I'm speechless. I guess at least that the :sheep: never disappoint.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That makes me want to pack up and move to the city. Anyone want to join me????

We can rent that one room apartment for $3000 a week and live on Ramen Noodles.

(sarcasm intended)

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
One of the gun stores here, claim they can prove that they are innocent.... I hope so....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What makes me mad:aargh4: , Is who defines what the following words mean:gah: ??

1. Supervision :nono:

2. extra training :buttkick:

3. some (used twice)

4. damages ( read money)

5. compensation ( read money)

the last Two are obvious.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
it's Mike Bloomberg pandering to the voters again.
I'm sooo glad I moved out of there.
I pray the court throws the suit out.

AFS

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Weeg said:
*Sigh*

Newyorkkistan...

:frown:

I think that about sums it up.

Wonder if it's possible for the industry to bring about a counter suit for libel/slander against the city? Problem is it would only hurt the citizens of the city. Maybe it would have a good deterrent effect for future suits...

·
Registered
125 Posts
When will they figure out that the only people that have weapons in NYC are the bad guys and gals. If they would give the good people weapons and the right to protect themselves NYC would be a better place. Thank the gods I have never been forced to go there and hope to never see the place. I'll stay in Florida where it is warm, sunny, happy and packin is normal not the exception.

·
Registered
125 Posts
On this same note I got a call from a new person in my city trying to report a person wearing a weapon while doing yard work. I advised her that was ok in Florida and that we would not be taking any police action. She made noises like a stuck pig and advised she was going to move back to NYC where she felt safe. I reckin we won both ways. She wont be here and wont be voting here we cant loose.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bloomberg has got to blame his problems on someone. Hey if there were no guns NY would be the safest place on earth... yea right.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Nothing much to say that hasn't already been said. Bloomberg and others like him are complete pinheads.

They should be forced to walk through Central Park (or most places in NYC) ALONE, for one hour every night AFTER DARK for a week.

Then they should be asked how they feel about law abiding citizens being able to carry concealed handguns.

If they are still opposed to CCW, then add an hour to the nightly walk, and repeat the question at the end of another week...and so on.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
So let me see if I have this straight.

Bloomberg hires people to go to gun shops to conduct straw purchases.

Some of his hired help succeed in making a straw purchase.

In other words, the Mayor of the City of New York conspired with others (whom he paid) to make unlawful purchases of firearms.

Seems to me he committed a very serious federal felony.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
25,562 Posts
Some New Yorkers tax dollars at work. Glad they're not using my money.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
It seems New York is very concerned about guns. So naturally, their background checks for handgun permits would be very rigorous, right?

Ooops, apparently not: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/050206openletter-ny_ffls.pdf

New York's investigations are substandard, and FFLs may no longer rely on them...

ROFLMAO!!!

Matt

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
I sent the ATF Field Office for NY an email:

To whom it may concern:

Recently, there has been a spate of media coverage over New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg's recent lawsuit against several dealers located outside the state of New York.

It seems that Mr. Bloomberg hired people to go to these shops to attempt "straw purchases" of handguns, which he freely states in his media releases.

At the very least, these individuals have conspired to supply false information on the form 4473s they executed to make these purchases, regardless of whether they took physical possession of the firearms or not.

Politicians should not be above the law. When a politician elects to conspire with others to commit a felony in furtherance of their political goals, this should not escape the scrutiny of law enforcement. Had a private citizen engaged in this conduct, he or she would most likely be charged at either the state or federal levels.

It is my hope that the ATF will look into this matter, and handle it accordingly.

Sincerely,
Matthew Larson
Casselberry, Florida
It will be interesting to see what, if any, response I get.

Matt

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
I think the same missive should be sent to the FBI and the US Attorney General.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Matt,

You won't get a response. This may fall under the "stings" that local police are allowed to conduct, like on selling cigarettes to underage people.

"They" are allowed to break the law while putting us into prison when we do so (accidentally or with intent). "They" are above the law and nothing will happen to them.

Wayne

1 - 20 of 26 Posts