Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I just wanted to share a couple pics of my new addition to my defensive line up. Just as the title above says, Obama did make me do it! I had a plan on getting a Wilson combat and tricking it out, but that little voice in the back of my head told me that I can always get a tricked out 1911 and the Obama phrase of "Yes we can" kept ringing in my ears. It's a sad time when we have to purchase guns because we may not be able to in the near future!

Contrary to what I was going to do with the Wilson Combat, I am keeping this rig very simple. I get a kick out of these rigs that start out around 6.5 pounds and end up weight 12 pounds because people load them down with crap. On second thought, I should not say crap as this platform is modular and can be used for multiple applications.

My setup will be for about 300 yards and under do to me using iron sights in tandem with a future EOtech sight.

Here is my fresh out of the box AR-15

Upper: Stag M4-2HT - Quad rail, flat top, front post sight, rear Arms #40 flip up, magpul rail ladder covers, ergo throw lever vertical foregrip.

Lower: Spike's Tactical Punisher, Rock River LPK, Ergo Tactical Deluxe Pistol Grip, Tapco Commercial M4 Collapsing Stock and Buffer Assembly.

Mags - 5 Magpul Pmags
(Windowed with Magpul Ranger plates installed)

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice rig. I'm still saving up with my stimulus package... er paycheck, to get one. The local Gander had a Les Baer on sale that I've got my eye on if it's still there when I have the money.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Just one question... IWB or OWB? :image035:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
AMEN, BROTHER!!! You have seen the light, live long & prosper.....

·
Registered
651 Posts
Nice gun. I hope we all never need it

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am a big fan of Spikes Tactical. They make great stuff. I am currently building a Spikes dedicated 9mm AR.
If that upper is anything like my lower, you will have a great weapon! The parts that Spike's make are pure. I looked at several lowers against Spike's side by side. They have a great finish and just look cleaner and better then many others. Enjoy your new rig! Save up for optics!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have bought several guns on account of O. Also an AR15, as well as a few other high capacity guns. I want to get a revolver but I always think "they are not on the AWB list, buy the black one that carries 15+1...." lol

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
That is a beautiful Evil Black Rifle you have there. I am trying to save for one myself. I already have an AK, now I was the AR so I have both!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If that upper is anything like my lower, you will have a great weapon! The parts that Spike's make are pure. I looked at several lowers against Spike's side by side. They have a great finish and just look cleaner and better then many others. Enjoy your new rig! Save up for optics!
I agree with you 100% on the finish quality of Spikes. My Spikes 5.56 EBR is a thing of beauty. They are very easy to deal with and welcome questions from first-time builders like myself. The first rifle went together so well that i had to give it another go-around. I will be giving a range report when the AR9 is complete. After that I may build a Spikes dedicated .22 AR since their stripped lowers are currently on sale for $89 each.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice gun. I hope we all never need it
Stand by for heavy rolls!!!

Very nice AR you have there. You did well!!!

I slapped a Leupold II Mark AR 3X9 MilDot recticle on my RRA Tactical with an ARMS BU versus the EOTECH 556 which would not co-witness with the ARMS BU. Excellent for close up and 600 yd. shots. Will shoot a 1/2" group all day at 100 yards and is actually usable up close. Scope returns to ZERO every time I've taken it off and put it back on. Dials are dead on with the 55 gr. bullets it was designed for.

Boy Scout Motto "Be Prepared"
Coast Guard Motto - Semper Paratus = "Always Ready"

Regards and congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stand by for heavy rolls!!!

Very nice AR you have there. You did well!!!

I slapped a Leupold II Mark AR 3X9 MilDot recticle on my RRA Tactical with an ARMS BU versus the EOTECH 556 which would not co-witness with the ARMS BU. Excellent for close up and 600 yd. shots. Will shoot a 1/2" group all day at 100 yards and is actually usable up close. Scope returns to ZERO every time I've taken it off and put it back on. Dials are dead on with the 55 gr. bullets it was designed for.

Boy Scout Motto "Be Prepared"
Coast Guard Motto - Semper Paratus = "Always Ready"

Regards and congrats!
Thank you for the heads up on the EOTECH 556, I will bring my gun in and make sure it co-witness's for that kind of money!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts