Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the Montana, I can OC in a bank or bar, but not CC. Has anyone on this board done so? I haven't yet, but I may after I talk with the bank president.

Let me know,
Thanks

·
Banned
471 Posts
I do here in Washington state and it is not a problem. It is also legal to CC in a bank here. The only difference I can see is that you might get a question because they would confuse the CC prohibition with a complete firearms prohibition.

I've done everything from use an ATM to go in the customer service rep's office to deal with account admin. and have never had even a question about the gun.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've OCed here in Eastern Idaho. In the smaller local credit unions and banks I've been in I didn't have a problem.

I did stop by B of A the other day and was looked at like I was going to rob the place. I guess the new rule is for bank robbers to give their ID and the check they want cashed to the teller and then provide the teller with a thumb print. They didn't say anything, but you could see the shaking hands and nervous glances at my holstered gun. I didn't see their security guard, but I think it was the manager come out and watched till I left.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Here in the Montana, I can OC in a bank or bar, but not CC. Has anyone on this board done so? I haven't yet, but I may after I talk with the bank president.

Let me know,
Thanks
Let us know what you find out. But as far as I know you can't carry in either place, OC or CC. I will do some more research myself to see if I am full of bull. I may well be.

·
Banned
471 Posts
Let us know what you find out. But as far as I know you can't carry in either place, OC or CC. I will do some more research myself to see if I am full of bull. I may well be.
45-8-328. Carrying concealed weapon in prohibited place -- penalty.

45-8-328. Carrying concealed weapon in prohibited place -- penalty. (1) A person commits the offense of carrying a concealed weapon in a prohibited place if the person purposely or knowingly carries a concealed weapon in:
(a) portions of a building used for state or local government offices and related areas in the building that have been restricted;
(b) a bank, credit union, savings and loan institution, or similar institution during the institution's normal business hours. It is not an offense under this section to carry a concealed weapon while:
(i) using an institution's drive-up window, automatic teller machine, or unstaffed night depository; or
(ii) at or near a branch office of an institution in a mall, grocery store, or other place unless the person is inside the enclosure used for the institution's financial services or is using the institution's financial services.
(c) a room in which alcoholic beverages are sold, dispensed, and consumed under a license issued under Title 16 for the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
(2) It is not a defense that the person had a valid permit to carry a concealed weapon. A person convicted of the offense shall be imprisoned in the county jail for a term not to exceed 6 months or fined an amount not to exceed $500, or both.
There is nothing in the above statute that prohibits open carry.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I came up with the same findings, thank-you..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts