Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
In PA as far as the law goes, you can OC without a permit BUT that can be a double edged sword in my opinion.
also- Pennsylvania will not honor Florida CCW Permits issued to out of state residents of Florida
THAT came from

Pennsylvania CCW Concealed Carry Hand Gun Legal Info

Disclaimer - IANAL - I am NOT a LAWYER and please correct this if it is wrong
~Steve

·
Registered
286 Posts
Utah is honored in PA...

OC in PA is allowed without a permit, unless your in a Vehicle or in Philly..

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are some articles on this point. One argument is that it is legal since there is no law that prohibits it, I've never read the statute on that point when I live in Pittsburgh.

I thought PA was a preemption state? Why can't you carry in Philly as you can in Pitt?

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Since you are from NJ I would get a non resident PA permit, only $20 and PA can be a pain in the ass for other states non resident.

·
Registered
568 Posts
also- Pennsylvania will not honor Florida CCW Permits issued to out of state residents of Florida
THAT came from
Non-resident Florida CWPs are honored in PA.

From the AG's site:
Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit. It is the position of the Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.
Crime: Protecting Pennsylvania Against Crime - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General
I thought PA was a preemption state?
It is.
Why can't you carry in Philly as you can in Pitt?
State law requires a license for OC in "cities of the first class."

Since you are from NJ I would get a non resident PA permit, only $20 and PA can be a pain in the ass for other states non resident.
An applicant for PA non-res. LTCF must have a license/permit from their home state if such is available. N.J. does issue permits, just not very often. So, a N.J. resident must have a N.J. permit in order to be eligible for a PA non-res. LTCF.

·
Registered
864 Posts
In PA as far as the law goes, you can OC without a permit BUT that can be a double edged sword in my opinion.
THAT came from

Pennsylvania CCW Concealed Carry Hand Gun Legal Info

Disclaimer - IANAL - I am NOT a LAWYER and please correct this if it is wrong
~Steve
The part I highlighted is incorrect. Pa does in fact honor Florida licenses to out of state residents, as per the PA attorney General.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts