Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to add OC to my daily cary gear. Through some research on google i was quick to realize that Michigan restricts it harshly. I really wanted to add something from the Kimber line but it is not legal here. Any recommendations for a Michigan legal OC spray?

·
Registered
152 Posts
SABER RED. I found mine at the Firing Line in Westland, but also saw it at Meijers while NOT finding any .45 ammo. Should be the legal formulation and volume for carry in MI. I don't carry it myself, but my daughters and wife do.:hand10:

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Michigan - where you can carry a 10mm semi-auto and all the ammo you can lift, but not a proper formulation of OC. Gotta love this state! I think I have some hot sauce in the fridge that will do more good than some of the stuff allowed here.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Michigan - where you can carry a 10mm semi-auto and all the ammo you can lift, but not a proper formulation of OC. Gotta love this state! I think I have some hot sauce in the fridge that will do more good than some of the stuff allowed here.
It is very confusing in that having the correct spray could reduce the need to use the firearm...wouldn't that be the reason for an armed person to carry spray?:gah::ticking:

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
That is very confusing in that having the correct spray could reduce the need to use the firearm...wouldn't that be the reason for an armed person to carry spray?:gah::ticking:
It was very early when I wrote that. I guess I wasn't very clear. What I was trying to express is that Michigan has very few restrictions on CC/OC. Yet from what I have read regarding the allowed formulations of OC(Pepper Spray) you might as well not have it. Or, to put it another way, you would do better to fill a squirt gun with hot sauce and carry that.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Michigan restricts non-LEO to a formula of 2%, where the leo variety is often 10%. Some people (Probably mostly manufacturers) argue that it matters little, and what matters is the other measure of hotness ( "shu" if I recall correctly).

In any case, I've been bitten by Fox Labs 2% formula and cried like a baby.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I carry Sabre Red in addition to my Glock. I too found it at the Firing Line in Westland and for $10 it's a good thing to have. Wife carries one in her purse. You can get it online if not locally...as i doubt you'll be driving from Saginaw to Westland for a $10 purchase. Then again, who goes into a gun shop and only spends $10? Really...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts