Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to lunch with a buddy the other day. I had my G19 in an OWB holster. I started to get my suit coat, but he said don't bother, so I didn't. OC to the local sub shop, no one even seemed to notice.

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
Your personal dress and bearing has a lot to do with whether or not you are hassled with OC, from what I can tell.

The only crooks that rob you wearing are suit are usually in Congress. :22a:

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I OC (which is always) I'm usually wearing a black pocket tee (for my smokes) and a pair of jeans.

I've never had any problems, an I tend to OC in downtown Nashville and East Nashville.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Glad you had an uneventful OC experience.

I OC all the time here in the Memphis area and I still have never had a bad OC experience with another civilian or a LEO.

Our local Subway shop knows us (me the wife and kids) on sight and has told me a few times that he likes it when my wife and I are in there OC'ing our XDs. He's a permit holder as well and likes to see others exercising their rights.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I'm glad to see more and more people are open carrying! The OC movement is a growing one.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
When I had a firearm (in process of replacing), I would OC or CC, just depended on mood. I went into a CVS Pharmacy, its the one closest to me, also a 24/hr one that has been robbed a few times a year. I was OC'ing and the pharmisist did not car, only the little old lady sitting there staring at me while I talked to the staff. It felt weird, and I was waiting on the police, but it was non-eventful, just like it should be.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Your personal dress and bearing has a lot to do with whether or not you are hassled with OC, from what I can tell.

The only crooks that rob you wearing are suit are usually in Congress. :22a:
Same as what I can tell.
A lot of people post on here from TN. I only go once every year or 2 years.I like there HCP. Wish MO could have done about the same thing.

Anyway I always wear cargo shirts and a nice T and my rafter S belt. I have had that thing for 6 years and wore it every day.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
MadMac;1297379 The only crooks that rob you wearing are suit are usually in Congress. :22a:[/QUOTE said:

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Same as what I can tell.
A lot of people post on here from TN. I only go once every year or 2 years.I like there HCP. Wish MO could have done about the same thing.
I do not understand what you mean. My current residence is Missouri and I am getting ready to vacation in Gatlinburg TN so I have been reading their gun laws. The laws in Missouri are 10 times better than TN from what I have read, open carry is legal in 99% of the state and entering a posted business is not a criminal offense as it is in TN. Plus cities and counties can’t bar CCW in open spaces like parks which can be done in TN. My residence is just outside of Columbia and I open carried there every day last summer with no problems.

Comparing Tennessee and Missouri CCW laws, I’ll take Missouri hands down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts