Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I had a good encounter while OC'ing in a nearby state park a couple of months ago. I'd spent a couple of hours stalking the wily crappie at my favorite fishing hole and, turning to leave, saw a young boy (5 years old or so?) and his dad coming towards me down the trail to the river. The kid's eyes got real big when he saw my cheapie I-don't-care-if-I-fall-in-the-water pistol and he asked if it was a real gun. You guessed it. I told him it was a "crappie rod". :image035:

Anyway, had a good chat with his dad after the poor guy quit laughing. Turned out he was a local LEO and very supportive of civilian carry.

Sparky

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Is it legal to shoot fish where you were fishing?
Dynamite works better. At least that is what I heard from the late Jerry Clower.:smile:

I would be afraid that I would get the gun wet fishing, but you said it was OK with that gun. Maybe you don't fall in the water as often as I do.:smile:

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I don't think you can legally shoot game fish, dynamite requires a special permit.

Iffy use of either on private property.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those little fishies are tough. Maybe time to upgrade the rod.......hmmm, something of a higher caliber that would have a :ahhhhh: "bass" note when used. (I'm sorry. Couldn't help myself.......someone stop me before I pun again!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts