Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a casual rural America day. I OC'd, and it generated two different positive discussions regarding Constitutional Carry, UBC's, crime, and other gun topics with non-carriers who were then very disposed to pursue purchasing a gun. :smile:

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I dont believe it. The media here in Texas said there would be all kinds of shootings and panic from it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
The last time I did that, some lady averted her eyes, quickened her pace, and altered her path to avoid me; all I did was smile at her. And nobody else seemed to notice.

Glad your experience was more positive (ambassadorship).

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Awesome, R&G!

I remember my first time I OC'd. I went to the Volkswagen dealer. I got a lot of stares, but no one shouted "SHE'S GOT A GUN!"

I also OC'd at my grocery store. No stares, no comments, nothing. I was a little disappointed.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
It was a casual rural America day. I OC'd, and it generated two different positive discussions regarding Constitutional Carry, UBC's, crime, and other gun topics with non-carriers who were then very disposed to pursue purchasing a gun. :smile:
Two separate discussions that likely would not have occurred, had you not been clearly carrying life-saving tools.

A key reason why I appreciate the utility of openly carrying. Helps folks see with their own eyes that not everything is the terrible conundrum that the prissy, knee-knocking media would have us believe.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Awesome, R&G!

I remember my first time I OC'd. I went to the Volkswagen dealer. I got a lot of stares, but no one shouted "SHE'S GOT A GUN!"
"Yes, ma'am, we'll replace the broken flower vase in the dashboard of your Beetle! No charge!!! JUST PLEASE DON'T HURT US!!!!!"

·
Registered
887 Posts
Glad it went well for you. The only place I OC is around the mountain. Only a few neighbors and they are all gun people. If I am out walking dog and OC, the only comments I usually get are "Hey what are you carrying today" or "You think you can stop a bear with that thing" :smile:

·
Registered
132 Posts
OC'ed this week running errands and did not have enough cash for a purchas. Fella behind the counter mentioned my glock by saying, "we take plastic guns, but not plastic money." lol

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
That is awesome , good for you sir!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
People open carry here all the time. Its no big deal. But why walk around being "That Guy"? I keep a gun in my waist band, ready to use my ninja focus skills.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Good to hear. I OC just about everywhere I go locally or if im in lex Derby etc.
Have for years, no bad comments or LE hassles. None of the horrors usually brought up when OC is mentioned.
Only ever had one person say anything and that was questions about carry for himself.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
And you lived to tell about it??? How did you manage not to get shot first???

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
The only time I've had any reaction was once when at the check-out in a store.... it was a younger girl. She kept looking in the area I was wearing the gun and I think the fastest anyone had ever checked me thru the checkout. LOL . Even though I said things to her, she never responded and never said a word. I was chuckling a bit about it when I left.

Good job, keep it up.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts