Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm having a really odd issue with my Avatar. No matter what I do I can't upload a custom avatar to DC using Firefox. Oddly, I can do so using Chrome. If I add my avatar pic it "takes" and displays normally if I surf DC with Chrome. But it doesn't show up if I open DC in a window with Firefox.

But oddly, it does display the picture I chose in the upper right hand corner, even though it doesn't display on my actual post.

To illustrate I'll add a couple of pictures.

Here's a screen cap of the page. Note the pic I chose in the corner (a whimsical image called "I'll Be Back In Three Days") :

Here's a post I made, just to show that my avatar isn't being displayed:

I should note that it works to chose an avatar from the list of stock ones, and the image seems to display fine if I view DC in Chrome.

Soooo, does anyone have any suggestions? And can any of you see my avatar in the expected spot? If so, what browser are you using?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I see you avatar and I am using firefox

Reactions: ccw9mm

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Not only is it odd, my gosh, if you don't have some type of cucumber in your picture, what good is it? :hand5:

·
Super Moderator
25,613 Posts
I see your "cartoon" avatar and I'm using Safari and a Mac.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I am using firefox and I see it. Uninstall and re-install firefox see if that helps..

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, this is just odd! You can see my avatar but I can't, unless I use Chrome. Firefox used to be awesome but nowadays it give me nothing but trouble. I should just use Chrome all the time, but old habits die hard.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Clear your cache fool! It's obviously cached. Look in the firefox settings, I'm sure there is a delete history/cache option somewhere. I haven't used Firefox in forever, but in Chrome it's Ctrl+Shift+Del, which would probably work in FF too.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Reactions: gasmitty
1 - 11 of 11 Posts