Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Never, that is a poor design for a 1911 if you ask me. Depressing the grip safety like that could cause more problems than you want if the thumb safety popped off and you touched the trigger or got in your vehicle and the seat belt latch happened to tripp the trigger for you!:hand1:

Ti.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Personaly i wouldnt carry any firearm in that sucker , its got everything wrong with it , exposed trigger, rentention strap precludes a firm grip , ect.. (besides it looks kinda fugly imho not that that would matter i got some ugly ( worn ) leather)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I get the impression someone has designed this for its own shape - as a sorta graceful curve - very ''artistic'' excercize - but not really given any thought to good gun carry requirement and ergonomics etc. Potentially unsafe too.

Aesthetically it does nothing for me - and practically, re gun containment - less than nothing!

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
I Would Pass On That One

Not my particular preferred style of holster.
I see a few things about that holster that I could live without.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That strap looks useful, maybe intended for Glock style handguns. These guns have no hammers to accomodate some thumb-breaks. They also don't have grip safeties like 1911s. The biggest problem, no matter what gun, is the exposed trigger. BIG NO NO. Hell, I'd probably pull the trigger myself, and shoot my thigh or "Butt-OCKS" (in my best Forrest Gump impression)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I think it was actually made as an example of "what a holster should not be"!!!! IMO..........anyway. Shoot well........

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Ditto: Larsen

I am looking at that AGAIN & I don't even think it's a 1911 holster.:confused: It just cant be! :gah:

Looks like somebody just stuck one in there & prayed.

If that holster has 8 bids then I'm dumbfounded that there are people in this world that would actually venture into a "Bid War" over that leather rig.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Glock??

That holster must be for a glock or similar firearm. I can't see anyone that has ANY training in firearm safety using this for a 1911.
And for the buy it now price plus shipping, you can purchase a quality holster from Gary.
and you can use my 2 cents...if it helps.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
glock + exposed trigger = hole in ONE if not both , a whole new twist on turn the other cheek LOL

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Don't laugh! I understand that's the holster of choice for the The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence's elite security detail.

:biggrin2:

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
The holster was made by Strong Leather............I have one for my H&K P7........and it works very well.....in fact, I sold one to Chickenrunner, about 2 months ago, who's in the Norweigen Police ......I don't think it (the holster) was intended for that type of weapon (the 1911 pictured above) but that design was also made as a Pancake/ shoulder holster (Strong made a system you could covert the holster to a shoulder system for the 3 slotted holsters they produced.
Not defending the holster, as I'd not carry my 1911 types in it, but just pointing out the Manufacturer, and theory behind the design.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
QKShooter said:
I am looking at that AGAIN & I don't even think it's a 1911 holster.:confused: It just cant be! :gah:

Looks like somebody just stuck one in there & prayed.

If that holster has 8 bids then I'm dumbfounded that there are people in this world that would actually venture into a "Bid War" over that leather rig.
QK......I think that holster was intended for a Beretta/Smith or something similar type... I don't recall that type of holster made for the 1911 in that design....I have a few Strong Leather Catalouges from my FFL days.............I'll dig up the info...........LOL...........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts