Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an idiot.

OFF-DUTY COP FIRED AFTER BEING CAUGHT ON SURVEILLANCE CAMERA PULLING GUN ON GAS STATION CLERK
Jul. 17, 2013 10:15pm Jason Howerton

TUCSON, Ariz. (TheBlaze/AP) — A Tucson, Ariz., police officer has been fired after authorities say he pulled a gun on a gas station attendant while off duty and apparently intoxicated.

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department notified Tucson police that 23-year-old Kyle James McCartin was arrested early Tuesday on two counts of aggravated assault.

Off-Duty Cop Fired After Being Caught on Surveillance Camera Pulling Gun on Gas Station Clerk | Video | TheBlaze.com

·
Premium Member
36,953 Posts
The ex-officer is very fortunate not to have taken headshots for those antics in gun-friendly Arizona.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
At least he had good trigger discipline

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
That guy reminds me of "Farber" from the movie Super Troopers. Maybe he didnt get his free hot dog with gas fill up, lol.
I need to rent that again. The out-takes at the end where they describe how they did some of the scenes were awesome.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
He needed to be fired...in most agencies, probationary officers have no civil service protection, and there is no recourse once they are fired. However, he should have been charged with a crime of some sort of assault with the handgun. In Texas it would be Aggravated Assault because of the firearm, a deadly weapon.

Unfortunately, fellow members, we hire police officers and other public servants from the rest of society, and we all know what society is like these days or many of us wouldn't carry handguns. There is no definitive manner by which to find out which will be good employees and which will not. I'm glad he's gone from the rank and file I worked among for 30 years. We don't need these people.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Two counts of aggravated assault as evidenced = one year with supervision after release based on past cases in my area. As a past LEO and if incarcerated this guy will be subjected to abuse from the other inmates.

·
Premium Member
36,953 Posts
He needed to be fired...in most agencies, probationary officers have no civil service protection, and there is no recourse once they are fired. However, he should have been charged with a crime of some sort of asssault with the handgun. In Texas it would be Aggravated Assault because of the firearm, a deadly weapon.

Unfortunately, fellow members, we hire police officers and other public servants from the rest of society, and we all know what society is like these days or many of us wouldn't caarry hanadguns. There is no definitive manner by which to find out which will be good employees and which will not. I'm glad he's gone from the rank and file I worked among for 30 years. We don't need these people.
The story indicated he was charged with two counts of aggravated assault.

·
Registered
892 Posts
That clerk looked amazingly calm.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Who here would have shot the guy in the same situation?
I might not have shot him, but I certainly wouldn't have continued to wait on him like the cashier seemed to do.

·
Registered
935 Posts
So what type of excuses can we make for this behavior? Let’s see, he played foot ball and bang his head? Yeah that sounds good. Well at least the anti gun crowd won’t put this up like they would an armed citizen.

So are LEOs immune to charges of intoxication with a firearm?

Well at least they have charged him for his antics, not just firing him.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
That ex cop probably won't do too well in general population.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts